DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Didn’t activate DJI Care Refresh in time. Suggestions?

greghoggatt

Reactions
I’m brand-new to this.

I’m an international airline pilot and I received my M2P the day before I left on a 6-day trip. I flew it for two, very short flights in my back yard, then left home the next day, not realizing that I was supposed to buy DJI Care Refresh within 48 hours AND before activation.

Now, DJI says it’s two late to buy the protection.

What are my options to protect my M2P?

Contact a State Farm agent and see about getting a Personal Article Policy.

Just got off the phone with State Farm. I am not currently a client and that is no problem. They will cover my M2P for $75/year UNTIL I get my Part 107 license. They ONLY cover recreational flyers. Once I get my license, how do I cover my drone, especially for total loss? I live on Pensacola Beach and much of my flying is over water.

Just got off the phone with State Farm. I am not currently a client and that is no problem. They will cover my M2P for $75/year UNTIL I get my Part 107 license. They ONLY cover recreational flyers. Once I get my license, how do I cover my drone, especially for total loss? I live on Pensacola Beach and much of my flying is over water.
As always, review the policy. However, you simply don't mention anything about a license or commercial use. Most likely the policy excludes coverage for commercial use. If you are not using it for commercial use, it should be covered. Just because you have a license under Part 107 does not man you are always flying for commercial purposes. If you do _some_ commercial work, SF may not want to keep the policy active but this does not mean you need to assist in that cancellation.

Reactions: Beachboy
That’s GREAT advice. Still...I think I remember while doing my due diligence before getting my M2P, on one of these forums, that there are companies that provide insurance on a per flight case during a commercial flight? What’s the consensus on doing that. And which company has the best reputation?

I’m brand-new to this.

I’m an international airline pilot and I received my M2P the day before I left on a 6-day trip. I flew it for two, very short flights in my back yard, then left home the next day, not realizing that I was supposed to buy DJI Care Refresh within 48 hours AND before activation.

upload and u still eligible

I was just getting to ready to provide the same info after talking with DJI support. Thank you!

Just takes a few minutes with someone to video the verification process. Now I just have to figure out how to upload the video to DJI. Here’s the Verification Tutorial Instruction. The instructional verification video can be found on DJI’s site.346739F9-2258-4C78-B6F1-217BC68430C8.jpeg77715site.

That’s GREAT advice. Still...I think I remember while doing my due diligence before getting my M2P, on one of these forums, that there are companies that provide insurance on a per flight case during a commercial flight? What’s the consensus on doing that. And which company has the best reputation?
That is liability coverage (injury to others). You were asking about 1st party coverage on the drone.

I was just getting to ready to provide the same info after talking with DJI support. Thank you!

Just takes a few minutes with someone to video the verification process. Now I just have to figure out how to upload the video to DJI. Here’s the Verification Tutorial Instruction. The instructional verification video can be found on DJI’s site.View attachment 77715View attachment 77715site.
Remember that DJI Care Refresh requires the drone to be sent in. If it ends up in the water, you will have to fish it out to make a claim.

Remember that DJI Care Refresh requires the drone to be sent in. If it ends up in the water, you will have to fish it out to make a claim.

That's a good mention. DJI Care is €139/year and if you lose it, it's gone. No new drone. If you manage to recover it, it's €119 to get a new drone (€139 second time).
So basically it's not worth it. Real insurance doesn't have "x amount of times lost drone limit", costs about the same probably per year and even self-risk is about the same (some €100 - €150). And on top of that, you get money even if your drone drops in the sea, or flies away, or is stolen, etc. AND most of those insurance companies offer insurance even if you damage someone else property. Correct me if I'm wrong, but DJI refresh care doesn't offer this.
The only downside I can think of is that insurance companies usually take a long time to send you money while DJI Refresh is very fast.

I’m brand-new to this.

Can get insurance thru State Farm for approximately $70 per year

That's a good mention. DJI Care is €139/year and if you lose it, it's gone. No new drone. If you manage to recover it, it's €119 to get a new drone (€139 second time).
So basically it's not worth it. Real insurance doesn't have "x amount of times lost drone limit", costs about the same probably per year and even self-risk is about the same (some €100 - €150). And on top of that, you get money even if your drone drops in the sea, or flies away, or is stolen, etc. AND most of those insurance companies offer insurance even if you damage someone else property. Correct me if I'm wrong, but DJI refresh care doesn't offer this.
The only downside I can think of is that insurance companies usually take a long time to send you money while DJI Refresh is very fast.
For the M2P, the fragile gimbal and camera assembly costs $599 to replace, and is easily damaged in any hard landing because of the extra weight of the 1” sensor camera. It rips off from the gimbal on tiny black threads that are unrepairable. Even an accidental drop of the aircraft could cause that. For the $260 cost of DJI Care with the first claim, you get a brand new drone and camera and $139 for a second one over 12 months. If you fly the M2P almost daily like I do, and are constantly handling it, the 3 day turnaround for replacement without any evaluation is priceless! I can even drop it in the pool or have an accident over the ocean, as long as I recover it! One free battery replacement, too! For me, it was a no brainer that I hope to not ever need, in which case I'm only out $139.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird