DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

different versions?

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
I have just been speaking to the team at Rise Above, and they told me that DJI have stated the delays to Australia are due to a different version coming here. I am aware of the different radio specs between the USA and Europe, but so far DJI have been shipping to both the USA and Europe, so Im guessing this isnt the difference.
Has anyone heard of any rumours about a different version for Australia (and possibly other locations)

There are different versions for all countries as they ship with different power adaptors for US & CA, EU, CN, AU, KR, JP, TW.

There are different versions for all countries as they ship with different power adaptors for US & CA, EU, CN, AU, KR, JP, TW.
Of course. That makes sense.
Thanks mate

No Rise Above still have the canned DJI response of 1-2 weeks

Really? A $2 cable?

I was told DJI had to flip the compass and IMU upside down to accommodate for our hemisphere...

I received this from Rise Above...

We received an email this morning from DJI notifying us that due to the high demand for the DJI Mavic Pro, there has been a delay in the shipment of the DJI Mavic Pro globally. This means that delivery of the DJI Mavic Pro will also be delayed for all Australian customers and dealers nationwide, however we have been assured that we will still be at the top of the queue to receive the Mavic Pro shipment. At this point we believe it will only be a couple of weeks before DJI starts shipping (late October/early November). We will update as soon as we have more information.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The need for a different accessory such as a power point adapter would in no way necessitate the designation of a different 'version', and wouldn't delay the dispatch of drones to different countries. We're talking about the prongs on a plug having different shapes, and it's possible that the drone ships with a variety of adapters. I think that if there are indeed different versions, it's due to changes that are more substantial.

I received this from Rise Above...

We received an email this morning from DJI notifying us that due to the high demand for the DJI Mavic Pro, there has been a delay in the shipment of the DJI Mavic Pro globally.

MavicPilots

It would be nice if riseabove would email its customers who have mavics on backorder - seems like it would reduce the number of inquiries they'd receive. I've been holding off emailing them because they said they'd update me when they had more info, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

More like rise above have taken way too many pre orders than they can meet on the first shipment to them

They're continually taking pre orders but would have had to submit a number weeks ago, I doubt they'll be okay IMO

I think they would have ordered a 100 of them weeks ago, as this is the number they are advertising for their deal.
I have every bit of faith in Rise Above and their team. They are in the same boat as all of us except they have all of us on their case as well.
There is really nothing that can be done until DJI start shipping down under

Elk fish robotic had 30 preorder names down out their supposed 50 order, I'm dubious

The need for a different accessory such as a power point adapter would in no way necessitate the designation of a different 'version'

They technically are classified as a different version according to DJI as a Mavic (USA & CA) has a different SKU, UPC and EAN than a Mavic (AU).

Really? A $2 cable?

I was told DJI had to flip the compass and IMU upside down to accommodate for our hemisphere...

We really do not know as obviously we are not receiving in units besides US & CA versions for North America. What we do know is that when we see allocation numbers they are broken into the different versions for each geographic region according to the 7 different Power Adaptors. I am not sure if anything else besides the Power Adaptors is different with these units.

I live in Asia and was looking to purchase a Phantom 4 adv set and recently came across a (NA) set.
Where is this and is there any limitations to this set?

I live in Asia and was looking to purchase a Phantom 4 adv set and recently came across a (NA) set.
Where is this and is there any limitations to this set?

NA is going to have the US & CA power adaptor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143