DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Different Ways to Earn Money with Drones

vsasolutions

Reactions
Site
vsasolutions.com
I am a part 107 pilot, on year 3 now. I have done a range of work, primarily for commercial real estate, capturing due diligence and marketing images and video. However, I don't have a lot of time to do it. I am a catastrophe adjuster by day and I am on the road about 250-300 days a year. This limits my ability to do work like this as I never know what city I will be in and for how long.

I wanted to ask the community if they had other ideas to make money on your own schedule. I have started doing some stock photography and videography. What are other things you guys and gals do to generate revenue from these birds that I can do with a busy schedule and having no idea where I will be or for how long?

Reactions: John G. and sdcaver
Hers A kinda crazy idea:
You are 107 cert. for 3 years. so i'm guessing you know a little when it comes to drones and there uses and advantages.
You say you travel ALOT and also state you work in the catastrophe industry ( Insurance?, construction?)
So here's my idea----- Become a representative and SELL DRONES to those companies and people around you, or if you don't want to go through all the dji dealer hassle and money, You could Market out your services setting up others with drones for their business.

I am a part 107 pilot, on year 3 now. I have done a range of work, primarily for commercial real estate, capturing due diligence and marketing images and video. However, I don't have a lot of time to do it. I am a catastrophe adjuster by day and I am on the road about 250-300 days a year. This limits my ability to do work like this as I never know what city I will be in and for how long.

I wanted to ask the community if they had other ideas to make money on your own schedule. I have started doing some stock photography and videography. What are other things you guys and gals do to generate revenue from these birds that I can do with a busy schedule and having no idea where I will be or for how long?
Have you signed up for POND5.com. They are a stock photo company.Free to sign up. I have never sold anything from them but it's another place to market your stills and footage.

Dale
Miami

You might want to put Perimeter sweeps on list.

You can do Farms. There big and most have no idea what is happening on there Property, from Broken Fences, to Squatters, to Dead animals , and Flooding areas just to name a few things .

In ohio its done really well for some as I taught the Neighbor kids to go door to door with flyers and they do Ok, ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , and Sweep Farm Perimeters

Reactions: Mavikhan
Have you signed up for POND5.com. They are a stock photo company.Free to sign up. I have never sold anything from them but it's another place to market your stills and footage.

Dale
Miami
I played around with Pond5 and put just a handful of new neighborhood construction and actually sold one. I think the stock photo and video has a good possibility of generating revenue over time but it definitely takes time. I am interested in Adobe Stock as well.

You can do Farms. There big and most have no idea what is happening on there Property, from Broken Fences, to Squatters, to Dead animals , and Flooding areas just to name a few things .

In ohio its done really well for some as I taught the Neighbor kids to go door to door with flyers and they do Ok, ?

Phantomrain.org
Thanks Phantomrain! Appreciate that idea. Pretty solid. So if you don't mind sharing, what does your pricing model look like?

Hers A kinda crazy idea:
You are 107 cert. for 3 years. so i'm guessing you know a little when it comes to drones and there uses and advantages.
You say you travel ALOT and also state you work in the catastrophe industry ( Insurance?, construction?)
So here's my idea----- Become a representative and SELL DRONES to those companies and people around you, or if you don't want to go through all the dji dealer hassle and money, You could Market out your services setting up others with drones for their business.
Thank you for the idea. Definitely something to consider. Being on the road so much that may not fit into my schedule very well but will definitely take the idea for a spin.

Phantomrain.org
BOY!! Do I feel like the Dumbest entrepreneur ever. Here I am in the southern California Valley, looking at god knows how many Farms and I never really thought about Farm perimeter Checks.
I have been doing perimeter security for industrial companies but for some crazy reason it never occurred to me that Farms would actually need this service. I gotta run to the print shop and get that added to my cards TODAY!!

I'm assuming that just like security, doing perimeter checks at farms would be providing a service with falls under part 107
are these kids getting their 107 ticket or is there some way you have found to be able to do this under recreational???