DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Differentiate between Mini and Air 2 image naming

Joeblow

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Is there a way to change photo / video naming for the Mavic Mini or the Air 2? It would be nice to know at a glance which drone the file came from.

Where are these photos stored? On a PC I put photos from a drone in a folder given the name of the drone. There are programs such as "bulk rename utility" with which you can rename files en-masse on a windows PC.
Be wary of changing names on a memory card to non original layouts, I think I have seen at least one thread saying it caused problems with a drone and I recollect it causing problems on a DSLR. e.g. changing IMG_0123 to House_IMG_0123

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Joeblow
Where are these photos stored? On a PC I put photos from a drone in a folder given the name of the drone. There are programs such as "bulk rename utility" with which you can rename files en-masse on a windows PC.
Be wary of changing names on a memory card to non original layouts, I think I have seen at least one thread sayong it caused problems with a drone and I recollect it causing problems on a DSLR. e.g. changing IMG_0123 to House_IMG_0123
Thanks, good suggestions all, especially the caution for the SD card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3