DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

difficulties with the altitudes

Marcus_54

Reactions
Hello

This next holiday I intend to go to the Alps.

With the mini 3 pro I'm afraid of having some difficulties with the altitudes...

Yesterday in the Vosges mountains I placed myself at the top of a hill and I tried to lower my drone I did not manage to go below -16 m compared to its starting point.

Is this normal??

Is there any way around this limitation, I have already applied the fcc hack on the RC remote controller

Thank you

No such limitation exists... something else where in play there. Share the flightlog from that flight, maybe that can shed some light & tell us what happened.

Go here & follow the instruction where to find the log... then come back here & share the link they provide.
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Reactions: DoomMeister
Just curious, were you logged into the app?
EDIT from the log track I presume the answer is yes.

Last edited:
I couldn't find where to share the log on your site.

As I use and also AirData I attach the log of the log in share. Let me know if that's okay with you.

During the flight, it was between 5 minutes and 7 minutes that I tried to bring down the drone without success.

Yeah, this is strange.

You descend without any problem from 133,2ft to -43,3ft reaching the specified vertical speed of approx 6,5mph (3m/s)... but at 328,4sec into the flight you again try to descend further, but in general the vertical speed stays at 0mph with a short exception lasting approx 2sec where the speed reaches 6,5mph (3m/s) but then again return to 0mph (with a constant full stick command applied all the time). All other descends during the flight behaves as normal.

See only 2 possible reasons... but both seems very unlikely unfortunately.

1. As this happens where you fly over that dam in the bottom of the valley... could a updraft have stopped the drone to descend (updraft greater than 6,5mph)... if that was the case it is really strange that the drone kept it's height exactly, it would have been blown up also.

2. The flight is littered with connection problems... could the uplink (with the stick command for a descent) been that bad so the command never reached the drone... again not likely as the stick command for forward flight was properly received.

Can also add that nothing close enough beneath the drone is registered that could have stopped a descent... the VPS sensors are well above & out of reach from anything below the drone.

Think you should ask DJI about this as this incident lacks a obvious logical reason...

Green graph=Vertical speed (positive value is a descent, negative a ascent)
Blue dashed graph=Vertical stick command (elevator=right stick forward/backwards=Stick mode 1)
Red graph=Barometric height above HP
Purple graph=VPS height above whats immediately below the drone (here outside the sensor working distance)

(Click on the chart to make it larger)

1681138678708.png

Thank you very much for this good analysis

As soon as the weather permits, I will do more tests

Previously, I had already noticed this phenomenon. It was about -6m. I hadn't paid much attention to it because I was doing exercises with the drone.

In the meantime there has been the update of a firmware 1.9.9

I'm eager to hear what is causing this.

I regularly fly off a 33m cliff at the beach and have no problem descending to the beach below. Have even landed on a picnic table down below without incident.

Reactions: Marcus_54
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka