DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Difficulty of Part 107 exam

BigDaddyP

Reactions
Hello fellow Mavic Pilots,

I am taking the Part 107 exam (US) on May 19th. I have been reading through the material nightly and plan to take some of the practice tests, use notecards for practicing scenarios. I understand that there are some for-pay courses you can take, but I am a little strapped for cash. Has anyone taken this test and passed without taking these online courses?

Thanks!

I understand that there are some for-pay courses you can take, but I am a little strapped for cash.
There are also some good free resources available. Check out this list of commonly used FAA Part 107 study resources.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT

I am taking the Part 107 exam (US) on May 19th. I have been reading through the material nightly and plan to take some of the practice tests, use notecards for practicing scenarios. I understand that there are some for-pay courses you can take, but I am a little strapped for cash. Has anyone taken this test and passed without taking these online courses?

Thanks!
I just passed mine yesterday. Really study the different classifications of airspace and their altitudes.

The YouTube videos were great, but I felt most focused on learning the question, not the actual material. So I purchased the ASA Remote Test Pilot 2018 book off Amazon for $14. It includes 5 free practice tests. I read through the book and highlighted the answers on the practice questions. On the practice test, I printed the test out after completing and highlighted the ones I got wrong. I chuckled to myself when I saw them on the real exam. I'd say 65% - 70% of the questions on the real exam I had seen in the practice exams.

Definitely take your time and "mark" the questions you're not 100% sure about. Go back to those questions once you've answered the others. Good luck and feel free to DM me if you have questions.

Reactions: BigDaddyP
I did well on the test without a course, but I also have been around aviation for a while.
https://3dr.com/faa/drone-practice-tests/
These two are very helpful in my opinion and the list from msinger (above) is very good.
You can ask questions here 24/7 and get answers to about anything you need explained.

Thanks!
Passed the test yesterday! I look forward to responsible, commercial flying. Thanks for all the helpful advice!

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Passed the test yesterday! I look forward to responsible, commercial flying. Thanks for all the helpful advice!
Congrats! If you're ever in northern Virginia, look me up! [emoji106] [emoji106]

Reactions: BigDaddyP

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S