DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disable H icon on the map

Himerosteam

Reactions
I am trying to record a short video of the border with Lebanon and show it on the map as well, but the H (Home Point) is a little in the way and blocks the arrow.
Is there any way to disable the yellow H (Home Point) icon so that I can show the direction the drone is?
Also, this is from my "past flights" in my profile. I don't know any other way to showcase my map on the video itself.
Screenshot_20210521-174414.jpg

...Is there any way to disable the yellow H (Home Point) icon..?
I don't know any other way to showcase my map on the video itself.
No ... not possible I'm afraid.

You could upload the flight log (the mobile device .txt log) to Airdata.com ... just sign up there for a free account.

There you can replay the flight with their "HD Flight Player"

1621679167637.png

Here from one of my flights ... the replay speed is set to 8x. Screen recorded it with Snagit.

Here the result ...

Alternatively, you can
  • load DJI FLY
  • go to "Profiles"
  • click on the button "more"
then you can choose to replay any past flights without the yellow H.

I am trying to record a short video of the border with Lebanon and show it on the map as well, but the H (Home Point) is a little in the way and blocks the arrow.
Is there any way to disable the yellow H (Home Point) icon so that I can show the direction the drone is?
Also, this is from my "past flights" in my profile. I don't know any other way to showcase my map on the video itself.
View attachment 129497

It's risky, but you could try to wrap part of the drone with aluminum foil to cover the GPS antenna and fly in Atti-Mode. Make sure not to cover any cooling vents on the drone.

Without a GPS lock, the Home Point won't be established and the H won't appear on the map.

Without GPS the drone should maintain the altitude, but keep it in VLOS so that you can fly it, preferably on a calm day. If you let go of the sticks, it will drift with the wind.

Also, the RTH feature won't work if you have a signal loss or low battery scenario since it never established a HP and the drone won't know where it's at anyway to find the HP.

Good luck. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder