DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disappointed

Cadence8

Reactions
My Mavic II arrived two days ago. Haven't flown yet, can't connect phone. NOT gonna be taking it out of case every flight, and doubt it would fit anyway. Can't get the cord out of the slider and it's the only Apple connector supplied. Very disappointed in device connection setup. Impossible. Mount and cable on order. I've had two Inspire 1s since 2015, little used, no at all lately till last week when I promptly crashed one. I'm that kinda pilot. It's in for repair, thought I'd try something newer, with obstacle avoidance. Off to a poor start due to miserable connection setup. Apologies for the bummer intro.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Cadence8.

Sorry to hear you're off to a rough start.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hi Cadence8,
Sorry to hear of your woes, can you kindly confirm what model of Mavic II you have, Mini, Air, Zoom or Pro.
What device are you trying to connect into the controller, if it's a phone they do fit, if its a tablet then your may need a tablet holder, and a longer cable,
Amazon sell really good ones that are a cord but have the angled connector for the controller, I have a Huawei T5 MediaPad 10.1 which works well, with a Dji Mavic 2 Pro Tablet Holder.

Best of Luck Thumbswayup

Attachments

• 20210323_165256.jpg
    20210323_165256.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 20210323_165327.jpg
    20210323_165327.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • 20210323_165347.jpg
    20210323_165347.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 40
  • 20210320_173057.jpg
    20210320_173057.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Welcome to the Mavic 2 Family :

Ohh how I remember those days, and than the Smart Controller knocked on my door an I let her in , gave her some Tea, , she explained she was a good little learner and we have been married ever sense. ? and now she takes care of several of the my DJI drones.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic 2 in the Rain an Land on Water.

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
No worries! You will get it soon enough. New things will also require other new things to work sometimes!;)

My Mavic II arrived two days ago. Haven't flown yet, can't connect phone. NOT gonna be taking it out of case every flight, and doubt it would fit anyway. Can't get the cord out of the slider and it's the only Apple connector supplied. Very disappointed in device connection setup. Impossible. Mount and cable on order. I've had two Inspire 1s since 2015, little used, no at all lately till last week when I promptly crashed one. I'm that kinda pilot. It's in for repair, thought I'd try something newer, with obstacle avoidance. Off to a poor start due to miserable connection setup. Apologies for the bummer intro.
My brother I bought adapter extensions that work perfectly I actually had to use two of them to get my tablet to work 799 on Amazon check it out boy that saved my butt

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get it all sorted out. We look forward to your participation and view of the world.

Thinking that with a little patience that all will come together for you! I am on my 6th drone and seems each have different glitches so do not give up! ALL WILL COME TOGETHER!

Note: I am a newbie at using Drones, however perhaps I was lucky because when purchasing my Mavic Air 2 bundle I bought it with the Smart Controller so I would not have to mess with the phone thing. More expensive? YES but so far VERY much worth the money. Everything works perfectly (except for the very windy days we are having). I hope you get it straightened out soon. Happy Flying :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots