DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Discharging and Storage Charger

PAW

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Was about to pull the trigger on this as I wanted a charger which will also discharge to 65% for battery storage. Multiple good reviews.

RCGEEK Mavic 2 Pro Charger Hub

Then I spotted this one with only a single review, although that was a 5-star review.

Tercel Battery Home Charger

Anyone here have any experience with the second option (Tercel Battery Home Charger)?

I have something like this, but for my P3A...

I have something like this, but for my P3A...

Yup thanks, looking for a discharge capable device.

Was about to pull the trigger on this as I wanted a charger which will also discharge to 65% for battery storage. Multiple good reviews.
The RCGEEK charger can only charge batteries up to 65% (or 100%). It's not able to discharge batteries down to 65%.

If you really need to discharge your Mavic 2 batteries, you can use the IRCtek battery discharger.

Reactions: Bill Ludwig
Sorry, didnt notice the discharge part...

Reduce to 0% isn`t dangerous?

Reactions: Chris50ae
Sorry, didnt notice the discharge part...

Reduce to 0% isn`t dangerous?
60-65% for storage. When reconditing is due, charging them to 100% then down to 0% then back up to storage level. Wouldn't store at 0%.

Reactions: Mordor
Thanks for explanation....

3.8v per cell or slightly more is all you need. It is not difficult - just hover bird for 5min or so. No extra devices are needed for that.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Just a thought: Why buy a third party discharger when you can save your money by using the adapter that DJI provides to charge other devices such as your phone?
Ok you don’t know the discharge level but you say you’re going to recharge up to 65% straight away.
Take care and catch you later. Peter

Just a thought: Why buy a third party discharger when you can save your money by using the adapter that DJI provides to charge other devices such as your phone?
Ok you don’t know the discharge level but you say you’re going to recharge up to 65% straight away.
Take care and catch you later. Peter
There is an incredible amount of information, rumor, and intelligencia regarding battery health in this forum. I don't pretend to understand most any of it. Without repeating another lengthy thread, take a look at this one Peter as it applies to discharging Mavic2 batteries. Mavic 2 battery discharger

RCGEEK Mavic 2 Pro Charger Hub
View attachment 78103

Then I spotted this one with only a single review, although that was a 5-star review.

Tercel Battery Home Charger
View attachment 78104

Anyone here have any experience with the second option (Tercel Battery Home Charger)?
I got the Tercel charger a couple of weeks ago. I have only used it twice, but it worked as advertised. Some things I noticed:
- It charges 4 batteries in parallel (I could only test with 3). The current to each battery is 3A, which is lower than most chargers, but all the batteries are being charged at the same time, so all were charged (from about 25%) to full in 90 minutes.
- There is no USB cable, so you need to charge the remote elsewhere.
- It has two discharge modes, the first discharges the batteries to 40% to 60%. I tried this twice and it worked well. It can also do a complete discharge, which I have not tried.
Overall, I am very satisfied so far.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom