DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnected during flight

OC604

Reactions
I was flying the Mavic and suddenly I was disconnected?

I do not know if the Mavic Air went back to "HOME" or not because I was flying almost directly above where I took off. Once it disconnected the Mavic Air just hovered in one spot about 9 feet off the ground. I tried many ways to reconnect with no luck so finally I just jumped up and grabbed it. Once I grabbed it you could hear and feel the Mavic Air wanting to go back to the spot I took it from. I even turned it sideways thinking it would turn off but the Mavic fought even harder to get back to its position. It finally gave up and stopped flying as I was trying to remove the battery.

What if the disconnect happens when I am not within reach of it?

Is there a way to reconnect to it?

I have a Samsung Android S8

Thanks
OC

since it was just hovering there. you could wait till battery reaches 10% and it should automatically land. alternatively, turn the RC off and on again to see if it reconnects.

Scary because i have an s8+ and out of the 53 flights ive had with air never even disconnected once. So im going to give u some of my app settings see if we can figure this out....number one are u updated on drone,remote and app? I am.....#2 is your usb debugging enabled in go4 app? Mine is....ever since enabling this( havent had to in a long time) i stopped getting disconnects on mav pro so i guess its carried over to air....finally are u using side cable or bottom port on controller? Im using bottom port....i find it way more reliable...s8 is a pain with the side port cable seems flimsy and i remember with my pro any little movement = disconnect....also one tidbit ...in a situation like u had...if u actually flip drone over atleast 70° it will shut motors off . U probably didnt flip it enough...yes i have tested this. It works

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3