DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Disconnected" problem

Constant Drone

Reactions
Drone Gurus,
Today while taking the drone for a spin I received a "Disconnected" or a "Drone not connected" warning. ( It shows in the upper left portion of the screen.)
I would start the copter and then the controller. All system go... I would take the drone up about 5 feet and it would slip into disconnect. Shut it down and restart and I would be connected and take it up again and fly a bit and it would go to disconnect. It was within sight. I restarted the controller while drone was in air and flew it home.
What can I do to solve this issue. You operators have walked me through a couple of other learning issues I've had in the past, I know you can fix this.
Thank you.

Drone Gurus,
Today while taking the drone for a spin I received a "Disconnected" or a "Drone not connected" warning. ( It shows in the upper left portion of the screen.)
I would start the copter and then the controller. All system go... I would take the drone up about 5 feet and it would slip into disconnect. Shut it down and restart and I would be connected and take it up again and fly a bit and it would go to disconnect. It was within sight. I restarted the controller while drone was in air and flew it home.
What can I do to solve this issue. You operators have walked me through a couple of other learning issues I've had in the past, I know you can fix this.
Thank you.
what is disconnecting? The device (or DJI go 4 app) from the remote or the remote to the drone?

what is disconnecting? The device (or DJI go 4 app) from the remote or the remote to the drone?

How would you know. Your flying along and it just says disconnected. I restart the controller and I'm connected again.

My first two months flying MPP I was having disconnect issues very frequently. I discovered that the DJI OEM USB cable is very poor quality. I went to braided USB cable and now almost never experience disconnect problems.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
How would you know. Your flying along and it just says disconnected. I restart the controller and I'm connected again.

If you can still control the drone when it says disconnected then it is only the app that disconnected.

I had the same issues after a while, bought a cable from Thor to use in the bottom usb port and never had an issue again.The standard cable from dji in the side port is not very reliable/

If you can still control the drone when it says disconnected then it is only the app that disconnected.

I had the same issues after a while, bought a cable from Thor to use in the bottom usb port and never had an issue again.The standard cable from dji in the side port is not very reliable/
Well, it would be either the app or possibly the device (bad cable connection) but I guess that's what you meant. I guess it would be really unusual for the the device to remote connection to be fine and the app itself disconnect.

The first time I tried to connect my new mini 4 to the remote via new USB to lightning connector, I could not get the app to connect to the drone. I tried temporarily unmounting the mini and just trying to use the short DJI micro usb to lightning cable and the app finally connected after wiggling the lightning connector a little, but then it would disconnect/reconnect if there was any movement at the connector. Switched back to the USB to lightning cable and it connected and has been fine since. Go figure! :rolleyes:

If the RC is disconnected from the phone/tablet (most commonly a cable issue), Go 4 displays Aircraft Disconnected in a red background and the AC can still be controlled by the RC and the. If the AC is disconnected from the RC, Go 4 displays Disconnected in a grey background and you have no control of the AC.

You do not mention which Mavic you are flying, but if your RC has a display it will show Connecting if there is no connection with the AC or it will show normal telemetry data if there is a connection, regardless of whether a display is connected to the RC or not.

The drone is a Mavic Pro.
The Disconnect display is in a red background.
The AC and the RC were connected while the AC was just sitting on a table and the disconnect happened (red background) and I moved the gimbal controller and it did move the camera.

The drone is a Mavic Pro.
The Disconnect display is in a red background.
The AC and the RC were connected while the AC was just sitting on a table and the disconnect happened (red background) and I moved the gimbal controller and it did move the camera.

If you are still using the included cable I would bet money its the culprit. Get a good aftermarket cable to run off the bottom usb port.

Picked up another cable. It's a USB to iPhone 7 Plus cable. I will give that a try as soon as it stops raining. :)
Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions. This is an awesome Forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos