DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnection from controller

greymonkey

Reactions
Had a disconnect repeatedly today and lost video link, which returned only when I restarted and reconnected the phone/controller lead and app, also with battery error. Can I just ask:

What is a normal operating temp of battery, when I reconnected on one occasion it read at 36.6 degrees

I have no flight log of the time I was unconnected, will this be data be anywhere else to review

I had a low battery warning at 25%, tried a manual land unsuccessfully and by 13% it went into low battery RTH, whilst I was unconnected! My Mavic just ascended and headed off eventually coming down behind some trees at least 100m away. I guess no home point was recorded so what made it choose this direction?

It was getting darker quite quickly so could this have played a part in it? Overall VERY worrying and I think I was lucky as it landed in some rough ground and had zero damage.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

What type of device are you using? I HATE the DJI Go 4 App. I have three devices and it runs anywhere from terrible to slightly awful on all three. DJI Go 3 works like a charm, but every time I start it up, I get the notification that as of February they will no longer be supporting the Mavic within the 3 App. This is SOOOOOOO **** annoying because any time I try to use the 4 App, I get constant disconnects.

If you look in the Google Play Store, the ratings are significantly lower for the 4 App than for the 3 App. I cannot understand why DJI would force us into the 4 App when it's clearly not ready for prime time!

When I first saw the Mavic, it looked great, but the one thing I disliked was the use of a phone for the flight screen. I figured there would be all kinds of bugs and defects within the app. In the end, I bought the Mavic anyway, and the 3 App has been great. I've had nothing but problems with 4, so maybe my concerns were justified.

As an aside, I'd LOVE for DJI to sell some sort of stand-alone remote so I could just use that rather than have to rely on my phone or some other device.

Hi kodiac, I'm using Go4, I'v not had problems before now but have since seen a few posts talking of disruption when not in airplane mode, something I forgot to do on this occasion. Have yet to test it again since but am reasonably confident this was the issue with the video link disconnected. As for the other issue this was just a new pilot error! My Mavic was just going home and I can only think I set home point when I was attempting to reconnect the video link, whilst paused in a flight, still learnt a lot that day?

Hi kodiac, I'm using Go4, I'v not had problems before now but have since seen a few posts talking of disruption when not in airplane mode, something I forgot to do on this occasion. Have yet to test it again since but am reasonably confident this was the issue with the video link disconnected. As for the other issue this was just a new pilot error! My Mavic was just going home and I can only think I set home point when I was attempting to reconnect the video link, whilst paused in a flight, still learnt a lot that day?

You can try airplane mode, but I've done that too and still had frequent disconnects. The DJI Go 4 App just seems buggy and needs substantial work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus