DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Discovery Bay, Hong Kong

MPone

Reactions

Discovery Bay (愉景灣) is a residential area popular among foreigners. Located on Lantau Island, including the Tai Pak Bay and Yi Pak Bay.

Expats wanting to live among fellow expats, have quick access to the city, and yet live in a quiet and natural area find a haven in Discovery Bay. It has became an expat enclave with a large community of people from English speaking countries and facilities such as English language schools and private clubs. Residents get the additional perk of quick access to the Hong Kong International Airport and Lantau Island's abundant natural and recreational resources that include big uncrowded beaches, lots of hiking trails and Hong Kong Disneyland that is located nearby.

Lantau Island is next to the airport isn't it?

So at least part of the island must be no fly?

Reactions: MPone
Yes. The airport is on Lantau Island. I'm out of the no fly zone.

I guess if you are on the coast or flying out to the water there to the east, you're just beyond 5 km?

I'm going to HK next month and I plan to visit Ngong Ping, which is more south of the airport while Discovery Bay appears to be more to the E or SE.

Would be nice if I could fly around the big Buddha statue there but I guess DJI Go app. will show if I'm in the No Fly Zone or not.

Reactions: MPone
Great views of the area!

It's gorgeous out there. But too bad my footage has lots of noise on the green areas. I read somewhere in this forum about having too little light on the mavic sensor resulting in some GOP compression issues. Next round I'll try to expose the footage more.

I guess if you are on the coast or flying out to the water there to the east, you're just beyond 5 km?

I'm going to HK next month and I plan to visit Ngong Ping, which is more south of the airport while Discovery Bay appears to be more to the E or SE.

Would be nice if I could fly around the big Buddha statue there but I guess DJI Go app. will show if I'm in the No Fly Zone or not.

Ya Ngong Ping is much closer to the airport. But no harm trying. You might get lucky. Like you might get a limited height zone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada