DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dissapointed With My Air2s

Rockdweller

Reactions
Scroll on past if you want to avoid my rant.

I'm not exactly new to drones as I've owned everyone below the 2000 dollar price range that DJI has offered from the very beginning. I'm not a perfectionist and I don't do post processing so my problems are only related to videos and photos straight out of the drone.

I first noticed that the videos and photos were very soft in normal mode. (That's the mode I normally use and really the only one that is offered with this drone besides Dlog and something similiar to HDR)
So, I thought no big deal, I can go into settings and change the sharpness, contrast, brightness etc. Huh-uh. No you can't.
Well, I thought maybe I can at least keep the exposure value constant by shooting in manual mode. Well not so easy. I couldn't seem to get the EV to lock in like about every drone I've ever used does.
Ok, maybe I can live with the small stuff. I have several android devices that I've always used but for some reason I can't get the DJI fly app to work on any of them. But no problem, I do have an iphone 6+ with the fly app that has been very reliable. But not on this one. I keep losing connection and the screen, even tho showing a live view, will not let me make any adjustments to the camera.

I'll assume that I'll have more complaints down the road as the dealer I bought this from doesn't take returns. The name of the dealer is Advexure so I surely can't recommend them.

If you get a minute post some video , l would like to compare that .
I think with a little time and help of the Forum most of your issues can be solved.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Scroll on past if you want to avoid my rant.

I'm not exactly new to drones as I've owned everyone below the 2000 dollar price range that DJI has offered from the very beginning. I'm not a perfectionist and I don't do post processing so my problems are only related to videos and photos straight out of the drone.

I first noticed that the videos and photos were very soft in normal mode. (That's the mode I normally use and really the only one that is offered with this drone besides Dlog and something similiar to HDR)
So, I thought no big deal, I can go into settings and change the sharpness, contrast, brightness etc. Huh-uh. No you can't.
Well, I thought maybe I can at least keep the exposure value constant by shooting in manual mode. Well not so easy. I couldn't seem to get the EV to lock in like about every drone I've ever used does.
Ok, maybe I can live with the small stuff. I have several android devices that I've always used but for some reason I can't get the DJI fly app to work on any of them. But no problem, I do have an iphone 6+ with the fly app that has been very reliable. But not on this one. I keep losing connection and the screen, even tho showing a live view, will not let me make any adjustments to the camera.

I'll assume that I'll have more complaints down the road as the dealer I bought this from doesn't take returns. The name of the dealer is Advexure so I surely can't recommend them.

Hi @Rockdweller, if you are not 100% satisfied, please contact the Advexure Fleet Support Team at [email protected] and we can 100% guarantee you that we can assist you with a return or get you into another system that you'd be happy with. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reactions: mark conners
If you get a minute post some video , l would like to compare that .
I think with a little time and help of the Forum most of your issues can be solved.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain and Land on the Water.
I don't think posting a video would help with what I've described. The video is just on the soft side and I know of no way of adding any sharpness to it except in post production and I don't do that. Even my little mini 2 looks (in my opinion) just as good.

I think there may be something with the issue of being unable to lock the exposure but I can't show that in a video.

Maybe most of my problems are with the app and my devices but it would be the first time.

Hi @Rockdweller, if you are not 100% satisfied, please contact the Advexure Fleet Support Team at [email protected] and we can 100% guarantee you that we can assist you with a return or get you into another system that you'd be happy with. We look forward to hearing from you.
I sent an email but I'm not sure it went thru. After sending the email I read your return policy and I took it as you would repair or replace it. With the issues I've described I really don't think I want to replace it. I would have about the same issues with another new one I would think.

Reactions: Advexure
I would like to see video from the new Air2 - 1" sensor to see how it stacks up to the 1/2" in my MA2. I almost bought one the other day. Have you directly compared them? If there is not a significant difference I am getting the FPV instead.

Reactions: Michael69300
I don't think posting a video would help with what I've described. The video is just on the soft side and I know of no way of adding any sharpness to it except in post production and I don't do that. Even my little mini 2 looks (in my opinion) just as good.

I think there may be something with the issue of being unable to lock the exposure but I can't show that in a video.

Maybe most of my problems are with the app and my devices but it would be the first time.

Sorry I was thinking more of a Screen Record showing how your going about it. But it looks like the company has reached out to you. Very nice.

Reactions: SFC117 and JackL
Hey, I'm just the new guy but this whole thread strikes me as... Juvenile. The OP claims all this drone experience but doesn't "do post" and then claims that the settings change in Manual (since when?). Additional complaints about the lack of Android support for an unknown Android device probably of dubious vintage and an iPhone that hasn't been supported for 2 years... Hmmm. Yeah.
d194a96cc27899004fe78fcd7d7c308e.jpg

Following.

Hey, I'm just the new guy but this whole thread strikes me as... Juvenile. The OP claims all this drone experience but doesn't "do post" and then claims that the settings change in Manual (since when?). Additional complaints about the lack of Android support for an unknown Android device probably of dubious vintage and an iPhone that hasn't been supported for 2 years... Hmmm. Yeah.
View attachment 131672

Following.
You evidently missed the first line of my post. I made no claim of no it all. It's just that of all the drones I've owned this is the only one that I'm disapointed with.

I have an Air 2S and video is as sharp as can be in all modes. Its my favorite of all my DJI drones and I have owned most of the ones produced in the last couple of years. I don't know where your issues are coming from but other owners have reported softness in their images as well so there may be an issue with some of these drones. YouTube videos are significantly degraded but it certainly looks like your video is a little soft as described.

Kudos to Advexure for reaching out to you to resolve the problem. I would have contacted them before lighting them up on the forum but I understand your frustration and hope that everything can be resolved to your satisfaction.

You evidently missed the first line of my post. I made no claim of no it all. It's just that of all the drones I've owned this is the only one that I'm disapointed with.

I guess I was mistaken... I wonder where I got the idea that you had drone experience?

I'm not exactly new to drones as I've owned everyone below the 2000 dollar price range that DJI has offered from the very beginning.

I apologize for the confusion.

Reactions: AZDave and merak75
I sent an email but I'm not sure it went thru. After sending the email I read your return policy and I took it as you would repair or replace it. With the issues I've described I really don't think I want to replace it. I would have about the same issues with another new one I would think.
If you are unsure if your email went through, please PM us your email address so that we can look it up to ensure you are in contact with our team.

That is incorrect, per our original response if you are not 100% satisfied, please contact us and we can 100% guarantee you that we can assist you with a return or get you into another system that you'd be happy with.

If you are unsure if your email went through, please PM us your email address so that we can look it up to ensure you are in contact with our team.

That is incorrect, per our original response if you are not 100% satisfied, please contact us and we can 100% guarantee you that we can assist you with a return or get you into another system that you'd be happy with.
Sounds like great customer service!!

Even if Advexure did nothing - did you call DJI? Seems not as no mention of it. As for all the Android devices - do they meet DJI's requirements? Maybe not - as many do not on the Air2 series. That's why they make a list of what currently is supported.

Should it be a drone issue - they would maybe have given you some ideas on what was wrong, asked you to uninstall / reinstall FlyApp / etc. Even up to 1.4.8 - never ever had an issue with exposure lock or flying in manual. Not to say your drone doesn't have issues - it very well could be a Monday or Friday model (lemon).

Not giving either company a real chance speaks volumes after ALL the drones you've owned / flown over time. Many companies who sell the product won't accept it back, esp after a certain time limit and then expect YOU to contact DJI Support for any issues. Maybe if you had bought at Costco - you could have carried it back with no issues, but they are the exception - not the rule.

Advexure's return policy would have sent me running from the get go. With Best Buy, Amazon, and DJI having absolutly no care returns why? I mean reallly! WHY?
As said above DJI will probably handle your problems.

I owned every Mavic product Dji made so far including the Phantom 4 and to me the Air2S is a fantastic drone. Video and images straight out the SD Card are amazing. I shoot in Jpeg and not raw because I hate editing as it takes to much time for me and it looks amazing. I use a ND4 for almost everyday flying and don't have any issues.

fwiw, my Air2S pano photos are amazing.

SfytCaI.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54