DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Distance limitation when iPhone is not connected

ScubaBob

Reactions
I haven't tried this yet but a friend of mine who has a Mavic with Goggles said that if he does not hook his iPhone to the RC that his distance, when using Goggles, is limited to 150 meters (I think that was the number he said) whereas when he is using the RC with his iPhone and NO goggles he can go miles. Human error or have others had this happen? I just got my Goggles and we are having high winds so I can't test yet to see what happens with mine.

Thanks. That explains a lot. Did the Mavic used to have greater distances when you were not using an iPhone or has it always had these limitations?

The limitation is due to later firmware on Mavic needing the app to give clearance based on location. I use firmware 0400 on Mavic but keep the RC and Goggles to the latest version. You can also use 0700 on Mavic but then you totally loose head tracking. At least with 0400 on Mavic you still have pitch head tracking, which is all I want. You can use 'dumldore' type tool to roll back firmware. Have a great day!

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike