DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Distance

roddy4744

Reactions
I have a mavic air 2, once I fly my drone it only allows me to travel around 1.5km, I have the distance allowed maximised. On my settings it doesn’t give me the option to change transmission to manual, thanks

I have a mavic air 2, once I fly my drone it only allows me to travel around 1.5km, I have the distance allowed maximised. On my settings it doesn’t give me the option to change transmission to manual, thanks
I don't follow your question 100% but I will say this... the area your drone can cover is based on your area, more so than the top limits.

Also, I would look into your laws in flying.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
It is UK rules that apply to this unless the op takes a trip into Eire.
To roddy, it's the CAA website you want.

In what way are you limited? Dose the drone auto land or what?
What app and flight mode are you using?
Are you trying to fly in a restricted zone?
You should have a range of about 10km or 6miles.

It just losses signal from the controller and RTH, I’m using DJI fly, no I’m in Northern Ireland
OK sorry just did a search and the air does not support waypoints. Please disregard my ramblings.
It sounds like you are trying to fly behind buildings and/or trees. You must have clear line of sight for good connectivity.

I don’t know what the air is capable of but if you can, try a waypoints mission of say 2km in a circuit and a high Return to home height say 40m. Set the option in the waypoint mission, on loss of signal to continue the mission and at end of mission return to home.
You can use Google Earth and the measure tool to sketch a trial mission.

Thanks for your reply, I thought maybe setting the transmission to manual would help but it is in auto and no option of changing this

Try flying with your phone in flight mode, i.e. no interference from the mobile phone signal or wifi. Also try flying at a slightly higher altitude for better line of sight. Lastly test it in an area far away from other radio signal interference, e.g. in a rural area.

Hi Roddy,
Have you made sure that under the transmission setting, under Frequency, you are on Dual Band ? And under Channel you are in Auto ? This MAY help ( but not always )
I've just found that from personal experience, changing the settings is sometimes useful in different environments
By the way, I have and use the smart controller but I'm sure the original controller on the MA2 gives better range. I've never conclusively tested it, but it's just a gut feel........

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore