Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

DIY drone repair; is it really worth the headaches?

Former Member

Reaction score
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
Ok, so you just watched a great Youtube DIY repair video. You bought all the tools you need to get your repair done. You start working on it, but immediately realize you are over in your head. You decide to press on, and finally you get it all done. Put all the screws back in, or at least the ones you can find, power it on and.... nothing. You are probably wondering what you did wrong. The only way is to go back and retrace your steps. Hopefully you can find what you did wrong. It might take hours, meanwhile daylight is fading.

When you think youve had enough, turn to me. Im just a phonecall or email away.

Hope you are all having a great holiday weekend.

Best,

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvt

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Amory , MS
Thats how we have always learned to work on everything from Phantoms to Mavics and the others. Please don't imply it is not possible to fix some things. Some like to tinker and some things can be fixed ,others not and need to be sent off .
I applaud those that try and succeed .
You have a safe holiday also TD

Reactions: msinger

Former Member

Reaction score
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
During the week, I get on the average of 5 phone calls from people having problems with their drones and trying to fix it themselves. Im happy to spend time on the phone with them, same as I devote so much of my free time helping people on the forum. Its not all about the money to me.

I also help people on the phone end email make informed buying decisions. Even if I dont sell them anything, Im happy to help them make the right decision.

Reactions: Bobvt

offtheback

Reaction score
Ok, so you just watched a great Youtube DIY repair video. You bought all the tools you need to get your repair done. You start working on it, but immediately realize you are over in your head. You decide to press on, and finally you get it all done. Put all the screws back in, or at least the ones you can find, power it on and.... nothing. You are probably wondering what you did wrong. The only way is to go back and retrace your steps. Hopefully you can find what you did wrong. It might take hours, meanwhile daylight is fading.

When you think youve had enough, turn to me. Im just a phonecall or email away.

Hope you are all having a great holiday weekend.

Best,

Rob
I avoid fixing things like the plague.It usually doubles the pro repair I need after.☹

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Connersw