DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DIY Propeller Holder

Kgitti

Reactions
As you may now it is easy to hang up your propellers inserting the drone in the DJI case. I bought the PGYTECH but didn’t like them and will sell them if anyone is interested.
So I came up with this. It is made with 2” wide Velcro Strapping with the loop side out.

Attachments

• 1DBF38F3-A905-4B54-AC23-3296D9E9771F.jpeg
    1DBF38F3-A905-4B54-AC23-3296D9E9771F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
  • D03E3B70-969E-444C-AFC5-7AAF725CE835.jpeg
    D03E3B70-969E-444C-AFC5-7AAF725CE835.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 148
As you may now it is easy to hang up your propellers inserting the drone in the DJI case. I bought the PGYTECH but didn’t like them and will sell them if anyone is interested.
So I came up with this. It is made with 2” wide Velcro Strapping with the loop side out.
I must admit I’m a bit paroniod when putting my Mavic in the flymore bag, every now & then the props snag (catch) while putting it away.

Reactions: Fplvert
Velcro works very well. I've use it for holding all my cables in a bundle plus keeping the props from flopping around.

Reactions: Porky
I take them off. I'm concerned about the blades warping over time under that pressure.
I don't cinch them down tight, just enough to keep them from flopping around.

Reactions: Fplvert
That looks a little tightly wrapped, you should not be exerting any pressure on blades pulling down or you could be stressing the blades as well as the hub. Have you thought about that? I am thinking if you have them wrapped loose enough to not put stress on the blades, the whole wrap, the way you show it, might be too loose and just slip off, yours looks too tight.

That looks really dangerous. You might catch your head in there and die of strangulation. Seriously, thankyou for passing along such a good idea.

That looks a little tightly wrapped, you should not be exerting any pressure on blades pulling down or you could be stressing the blades as well as the hub. Have you thought about that? I am thinking if you have them wrapped loose enough to not put stress on the blades, the whole wrap, the way you show it, might be too loose and just slip off, yours looks too tight.
They are not wrapped tight.

Wrapped or not, in the flymore bag it's pretty snug, so there could be undue pressure on the blades that might warp them over time. I could be totally wrong, but just my feeling.
I would like to find caps I can put on the motors. Perhaps hubs from broken props?

The only time I use my flymore bag is when I’m going out flying. When at home my M2P sits on my desk in the study. The Velcro props covers shouldn’t be a problem for me.

Will stop the props from snagging while loading it into the bag.;)

Reactions: Kgitti
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun