DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI’s Mini 3 Pro Drone Sees Multiple Upgrades…

LoudThunder

Part 107 Licensed
Reactions
I have read so much lately about the latest updates and there seems to be so much misunderstood, this is what DJI says… I searched to see if this has already posted and could not find any references…

On October 26, Shenzhen-based drone maker DJI released multiple upgrades for its Mini 3 Pro drone, such as an enhanced image transmission function. The DJI Mini 3 Pro can now use the DJI Cellular module to establish 4G network communication to ensure a stable and reliable image transmission connection.

In the environment of complex signals, O3 and Cellular image transmission can complement each other to improve the communication quality and make flights more stable and safe. The price of DJI Cellular modules and the module brackets is 768 yuan ($106), while the price of brackets alone is 69 yuan.

(I have no idea what the above paragraph is referring to: "DJI Cellular modules and the module brackets")…

After the firmware update, shutter priority and ISO priority modes have been added. Under the shutter priority, users can now freely set the shutter speed, and the camera will automatically control the ISO according to the set exposure value. When ISO priority is used, the user can freely set the ISO, and the camera will automatically control the shutter speed according to the set exposure value, which can provide a more convenient shooting experience in low-light environments.

In addition, the new firmware upgrade introduced to DJI Mini 3 Pro’s master lens a new vertical shooting template, which enables more creative angles during flight time. The drone also supports a mirror for a 114 ultra-wide viewing angle, priced at 199 yuan. The drone can be used with the DJI RC Pro remote controller which has a screen with 1000 nits brightness and high-performance processor for efficient control.

The DJI Mini 3 Pro was released in May this year and priced between 4,198 yuan ($580) to 5,788 yuan ($800). Weighing less than 249g, the drone can achieve a flight time of up to 34 minutes, while the upgraded version with an intelligent battery can last up to 47 minutes. It is equipped with a 1/1.3 inch sensor with 48-megapixels and the maximum aperture of f1.7. The UAV’s imaging system can shoot up to 4K video.

It's all so confusing. The shutter priority with floating ISO might be helpful, but I would think it would require selecting an ND filter that would actually allow the ISO to float. IMO what DJI should have done is also program a lower ISO or 50 or even 25. It might have eliminated the need for ND filters in some circumstances.

I think some of the features will benefit some pilots, but I don't seen anything in this update that will improve my situation much at all. Implementing RID? I may be stuck on this firmware for some time. Perhaps the only thing that will drag me into new firmware is if it is confined that o3 has stronger more reliable transmission signal. At this moment the Mini 3 doesn't provide any more range and signal strength than my Mavic 2. I wonder if, or perhaps when there will be software available to defeat RID? I've not been a believer in firmware hacking up until now, but I'm also not a believer in unreasonable intrusion, especially when it allows any Joe Shmoe not only to track my drone, but track my operating position.

It looks like DJI have made a LTE "backpack" for the Mavic 3 and Mini3P, so that you can use cellular networks as the transmission system rather than just rely on the signal emitted from the controller. This theoretically gives you unlimited range and minimises signal drop-off if there are objects blocking the signal path between drone and controller. Really good if BVLOS is allowed. I think availability of this backpack is limited to only a select few countries, if not exclusively China.

I recently bought one of the cellular modules for my mini 3 pro, and was sad to see that I waited too long to buy it, and now it won't work outside of China. I am in Mexico, and the dongle connects just fine when I put my telcel sim in it, but it won't allow the drone to connect to the remote unfortunately. I hope DJI decides to open it up again to work internationally, and just allow each individual country to decide if they'll allow it or not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98