DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI “Flyaway” replacement process question

DirtyDrone

Reactions
So my Air 2S is sleeping with the gators, not the drones fault unfortunately!

Currently out of town vacation, filming some critters, I descended quick over a pond and I think a bird didn’t like my flying, flew near (maybe into) the Air 2S, in the avoidance attempt she ended up in the pond. Not recoverable. Submitted a “flyaway” claim. Any way of expediting the replacement?

How long does the replacement process normally take?

Currently status is “Service solution to be determined”.

Thanks for any information.

So my Air 2S is sleeping with the gators, not the drones fault unfortunately!

Currently out of town vacation, filming some critters, I descended quick over a pond and I think a bird didn’t like my flying, flew near (maybe into) the Air 2S, in the avoidance attempt she ended up in the pond. Not recoverable. Submitted a “flyaway” claim. Any way of expediting the replacement?

How long does the replacement process normally take?

Currently status is “Service solution to be determined”.

Thanks for any information.
That’s not a flyaway. If DJI request the logs from your controller it will be very quick to determine pilot error and at best they may offer you a discount on a replacement.

That’s not a flyaway. If DJI request the logs from your controller it will be very quick to determine pilot error and at best they may offer you a discount on a replacement.
I’m with you but it has been discussed that the term “flyaway” insurance is simply the wrong term, it’s accident coverage. That why I used quotes. Just winding how long the process take on average to get the replacement.

The replacement cost will be what is listed in your CareRefresh details.
No way to know how long it will take as DJI is evaluating the circumstances. If you had a damaged drone to return it would be really quick. Did you provide DJI with the honest details of what happened and why it happened? DJI may want more information. All you can do is respond to any DJI requests and wait at this point.

The replacement cost will be what is listed in your CareRefresh details.
No way to know how long it will take as DJI is evaluating the circumstances. If you had a damaged drone to return it would be really quick. Did you provide DJI with the honest details of what happened and why it happened? DJI may want more information. All you can do is respond to any DJI requests and wait at this point.
Thanks for the reply,

I was honest when I reported the incident, not reporting facts won’t get me anywhere!

Stuff happens, I am almost for sure at fault. I am ok with paying for my mistake and hopefully learning from it!

Just really winding how long people in similar circumstances had to wait for the replacement aircraft.

Thanks again.

With my damaged drone to turn in, it took exactly one week from dropping it at the UPS pick up place until the new one showed up at my door. Without the old drone to return and DJI having to check your logs, it will probably take a little longer. It should be a brand new one, probably with a battery.