DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI account link

Dave edmunds

Reactions
HI, Quick question. I got in touch with DJI support to ask this and I left more confused than when I started. The email address that i used to set up my DJI account is no longer active, I have a number of DJI products linked to this account. I know that DJI cannot change the email address but my question was if i set up a new account will my drones and equipment allow me to link them to a new account, they told me I could set up a new account and bind the old one to it then he said he was mistaken and I could not. Should I just leave alone and hope i never need to access any emails to do with account ?

I would contact customer support again and ask them to manually transfer all my products to the new account while I had them on the phone. Once it is completed, access your account while you are still on the phone with them to verify all your products have been transferred properly.

This link to another post may not be good news...

HI, Quick question. I got in touch with DJI support to ask this and I left more confused than when I started. The email address that i used to set up my DJI account is no longer active, I have a number of DJI products linked to this account. I know that DJI cannot change the email address but my question was if i set up a new account will my drones and equipment allow me to link them to a new account, they told me I could set up a new account and bind the old one to it then he said he was mistaken and I could not. Should I just leave alone and hope i never need to access any emails to do with account ?
If you set up a new email account you will be able to use all of your DJI drones on that account. However all of your history will not carry forward. This is basically what happens when you sell a drone. If you log into the DJI forum with the new email it will show that you have no registered drones.
It would be nice if DJI had a place where one could change their email thus making all the user data carry forward.

If you set up a new email account you will be able to use all of your DJI drones on that account. However all of your history will not carry forward. This is basically what happens when you sell a drone. If you log into the DJI forum with the new email it will show that you have no registered drones.
It would be nice if DJI had a place where one could change their email thus making all the user data carry forward.
Thanks, this may sound like another dumb question but if I do that with a new account will my drones new flight records log then to new account ?

This link to another post may not be good news...

Thats more or less the story of my 45min chat on line with DJI. its crazy

Thanks, this may sound like another dumb question but if I do that with a new account will my drones new flight records log then to new account ?
Yes your flights will start a new logbook.

I would contact customer support again and ask them to manually transfer all my products to the new account while I had them on the phone. Once it is completed, access your account while you are still on the phone with them to verify all your products have been transferred properly.
I had 45 mins of oh we can change your email once for you to then oh no sorry we cant. To then if you set up a second account you can bind the first one to it to then oh sorry no you cant do that either. It was a nightmare to try get a straight answer. The thoughts of doing that with them id say my temper would snap and id end up being banned by DJI

Reactions: Russw25
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka