DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 2S vs Mini 2 for video

If you can afford the A2S, that’d get my vote. There are other things to consider though like the need for stealth (m2), or flying in the wind (A2S), etc.

There’s also the issue of Remote ID (RID) now that will be required in approximately one year now and this may be a priority with DJI. I doubt if the manufacturers will release new models without RID. I know I would not buy one. ??‍♂️

There’s also the issue of Remote ID (RID) now that will be required in approximately one year now and this may be a priority with DJI. I doubt if the manufacturers will release new models without RID. I know I would not buy one. ??‍♂️
I love my Mini 2 but bigger sensors make better pictures. End of story.
I thought it was only a requirement for products going forward, not anything that flies period. Wasn't there a grandfathering clause for existing quadcopters?
I love my Mini 2 but bigger sensors make better pictures. End of story.
Not 100% true, the lens makes a huge difference as well. I've seen some arguments that chromatic aberration on the 2S is quite bad compared to the Air 2.

I thought it was only a requirement for products going forward, not anything that flies period. Wasn't there a grandfathering clause for existing quadcopters?

Not 100% true, the lens makes a huge difference as well. I've seen some arguments that chromatic aberration on the 2S is quite bad compared to the Air 2.
No grandfathering of existing drones.

On September 16, 2023:
Operators of unmanned aircraft can comply with the final rule in one of three ways, which include: (1) Operating standard remote identification unmanned aircraft, or (2) attaching a remote identification broadcast module to an unmanned aircraft that is not able to otherwise broadcast, or (3) operating unmanned aircraft within the boundaries of an FAA-recognized identification area.

No grandfathering of existing drones.

On September 16, 2023:
Operators of unmanned aircraft can comply with the final rule in one of three ways, which include: (1) Operating standard remote identification unmanned aircraft, or (2) attaching a remote identification broadcast module to an unmanned aircraft that is not able to otherwise broadcast, or (3) operating unmanned aircraft within the boundaries of an FAA-recognized identification area.
Well, that's a bit of a nail in the coffin for current >250g drones. I can't imagine an attachable remoteid transponder is going to have a great impact on battery life. Hopefully that get's stricken down, heck of a pilot security risk.

Well, that's a bit of a nail in the coffin for current >250g drones. I can't imagine an attachable remoteid transponder is going to have a great impact on battery life. Hopefully that get's stricken down, heck of a pilot security risk.
It is a Final FAA Rule:

RID has pluses and minuses: yes, big brother can be looking over your shoulder, but with built-in RID, there’s no VLOS anymore. The addition of a module doesn’t enjoy this benefit.

RID has pluses and minuses: yes, big brother can be looking over your shoulder, but with built-in RID, there’s no VLOS anymore. The addition of a module doesn’t enjoy this benefit.
THIS! THIS SOO MUCH.

I truly believe one day with R-ID and ADS-B we'll be able to fly BVLOS as easy as applying for LAANC approval.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters