DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI altitude zone unlock

R.Cowan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Ok fellow Mavic and Part 107 flyers, hoping I can get some clarification. I've been contracted for a job coming up later in the week that according to DJI is in an altitude zone and requires unlock. Automatic LANCC authorization is available for 100' and I have a pending request to get approved to fly up to 200'. That being said, I see on DJI map that they limit to 60'. My questions are:
1) assuming I get LANCC approved to fly at 200' and even if not and I'm limited to 100', once DJI unlock is approved, will it restrict me from flying above their 60' restriction?
2) I've already visited DJI Fly safe to request an unlock. After entering the required information, the last step was to upload authorization documents. What documents are they requesting.

Thanks all!

They are requesting your approved Airspace Authorization. You can apply for the custom unlock once you get your approval. Those will take less than 5 minutes once you send it in. My last one was 3 minutes from unlock request to unlock approval.

They are requesting your approved Airspace Authorization. You can apply for the custom unlock once you get your approval. Those will take less than 5 minutes once you send it in. My last one was 3 minutes from unlock request to unlock approval.
Thanks...so basically just screenshot my LANCC authorization and upload that? Once unlocked, will it restrict me to 60'? Trying to avoid the embarrassment in front of my client when onsite trying to explain why I can't exceed 60' and as a result, not providing what they need.

Thanks...so basically just screenshot my LANCC authorization and upload that? Once unlocked, will it restrict me to 60'? Trying to avoid the embarrassment in front of my client when onsite trying to explain why I can't exceed 60' and as a result, not providing what they need.
You'll get an email and/or text. Just save a PDF of that. A screen shot won't be enough. And if you're using LAANC, you may not get it in time. You need to apply on the Drone Zone.

Thank you very much for your direction. I've already put the client on notice waiver approval may not happen in time for their requested schedule and may be limited to 100', but sure want to avoid getting stuck at 60'. If I've already applied through Aloft and have a pending response, can I still go to Drone Zone?

Thank you very much for your direction. I've already put the client on notice waiver approval may not happen in time for their requested schedule and may be limited to 100', but sure want to avoid getting stuck at 60'. If I've already applied through Aloft and have a pending response, can I still go to Drone Zone?
Absolutely. Never hurts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka