DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Altitude Zones

RogerDH

Reactions
On a recent outing, I had a problem with being unable to execute a Dronelink mission that had an Approach altitude of 300 feet: The Mini stopped rising at about 197 feet and wouldn't continue the mission. I thought I must have set a maximum altitude in DJI Fly, but when I relinked to that, I had the maximum set to 400 feet. I thought it must be a bug in Dronelink, but when I tried to fly manually in DJI Fly, it also stopped at 197 feet, but this time giving a warning, "Maximum altitude reached." I had checked in B4UFLY, but it showed that I was nearly a mile from the nearest FAA zone.

It took a while to figure it out, but in DJI GEO zones, they set additional Altitude Zones off the ends of "high risk" airports, and the 60 meter limit extends out 6.6 km. There doesn't seem to be any way to get around this limit.

DJIGeoZone1.jpg

I believe you can use the unlock GEOZones function in the DJI Fly app after getting authorization from a local authority via an app like Airmap. I haven't done it myself but I have seen guides like this one.

I believe you can use the unlock GEOZones function in the DJI Fly app after getting authorization from a local authority via an app like Airmap. I haven't done it myself but I have seen guides like this one.
Apparently not -- it's not an authorization zone (which B4UFLY does show), and the only thing DJI says about Altitude Zones is that they are there.

Ahh okay, my knowledge is quite limited on this subject. I'm sure someone else will be able to help more than me :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent