DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Announces End of Life for Mavic 2 Enterprise and More.

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Pulled from here.

Screen-Shot-2021-03-31-at-4.15.36-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-03-31-at-4.16.12-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-03-31-at-4.16.33-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-03-31-at-4.16.57-PM.png

Pulled from here.

Screen-Shot-2021-03-31-at-4.15.36-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-03-31-at-4.16.12-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-03-31-at-4.16.33-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-03-31-at-4.16.57-PM.png
Well it looks to me like it’s end of production not “end of life” no? End of life usually means they will no longer be supporting something with updates and won’t make parts available.

End of production just means they aren’t going to be making new ones. Usually because there is a newer version. If you have a 2020 model car they probably aren’t making new 2020 models anymore because they are making 2021 model cars but that doesn’t mean they don’t still have 2020 models at the dealership you can buy new and certainly doesn’t mean they won’t do repairs or support it.

There’s the still newish Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced they released which can do everything the two older versions could do and then some. They really don’t need to be producing 5 different versions of the Mavic 2 especially if there’s a Mavic 3 on the way at some point.

Last edited:
Well it looks to me like it’s end of production not “end of life” no? End of life usually means they will no longer be supporting something with updates and won’t make parts available.

End of production just means they aren’t going to be making new ones. Usually because there isn’t is a newer version. If you have a 2020 model car they probably aren’t making new 2020 models anymore because they are making 2021 model cars but that doesn’t mean they don’t still have 2020 models at the dealership you can buy new and certainly doesn’t mean they won’t do repairs or support it.

There’s the still newish Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced they released which can do everything the two older versions could do and then some. They really don’t need to be producing 5 different versions of the Mavic 2 especially if there’s a Mavic 3 on the way at some point.
Possibly, but past 2021 I would not count on much for anything on this list for updates.

I am so glad I got as many clients as i could to switch to the Mavic 2 and enhance that for search and rescue..

Took us 6 months to get parts for that Enterprise and the writing was on the wall.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: hiflyer201
So, I have been very close to purchasing one of these for my new business. It’s a bit scary because they are expensive and I’m not certain how long it will take to make this part of the business grow. Should I hold off?

The enterprise just was not a good build, the Drone was fine , but the added Search and Rescue Package was sad, as was the IFR on the camera and most had to update what they specifically needed because there was no particular device that really shined , The speaker was not that good, nor water resistant , the Light was ok but there was so much better, and the IFR was working but most were disappointed. The plastic Clips broke on top and getting parts was really not easy .

You are much better off getting the Mavic 2 Zoom / Pro and keeping Focus on what you most want from that drone, if its IFR or Spotlight, we have a lot of Pictures of our clients that did this and were really happy.

The Mavic 3 may be worth the wait.

The Advanced is going to be for a very Specific need also.
with RTK for Precision work.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the Storm

FullSizeRender.jpgScreenshot 08-20-2020 19.45.24.jpg

Reactions: Drone Master
The enterprise just was not a good build, the Drone was fine , but the added Search and Rescue Package was sad, as was the IFR on the camera and most had to update what they specifically needed because there was no particular device that really shined , The speaker was not that good, nor water resistant , the Light was ok but there was so much better, and the IFR was working but most were disappointed. The plastic Clips broke on top and getting parts was really not easy .

You are much better off getting the Mavic 2 Zoom / Pro and keeping Focus on what you most want from that drone, if its IFR or Spotlight, we have a lot of Pictures of our clients that did this and were really happy.

The Mavic 3 may be worth the wait.

The Advanced is going to be for a very Specific need also.
with RTK for Precision work.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the Storm

View attachment 126595View attachment 126596

Phantomrain.org Please tell me what I am looking at in the photos.

I will be having some more questions for you.

I just wanted it do do infrared inspections.

The infrared sensor on the original M2ED is so small it’s basically worthless for inspections. Maybe enough to pick out a person on a cold night but not enough to do inspections. You’d need the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced to do any real work with it.

This is one of the best videos I have seen with the Enterprise and it shows a Power Plant with cold and hot spots as well as a fire thru the trees they start switching screens on , overall it enough to get by with Roof Inspections . You can take pics after the sun goes down some to show hot spots among other things.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

Last edited:
I decided to punt for now. Even at a discounted price, there’s no sense in buying tech that is legitimately heading out the door before I even take delivery.

Reactions: Lbesing
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato