DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Announces PHANTOM 4 Pro and Inspire 2

Maybe that's why they've been withholding the mavic. Wanting ppl to cancel preorders and buy a p4 pro.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots[/

Reactions: 4wd
P4 specs are insane.
I like how they are both the I2 and P4P are true 4k with 100mbs data rate.
20mpx 1inch sensor - impressive
30 min flight times by weight reduction. I hope this doesn't sacrifice too much frame strength.
Not sure about the integrated screen and how it will fold for storage. However this will fix the glare issue.
5 directions of OA - just missing the top sensor. This will be great for remote free active tracking.

If this can cook me dinner... I am sold.
intell-flight-modes.jpg

Last edited:
intell-flight-modes.jpg
It looks like it may be able to lasso your livestock....walk your dog...pick your buds (flowers)?

I may cancel my order for a Mavic and go with P4P instead. It's a sweet spot...

With the DJI Inspire, Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro, DJI is pretty much leading the competition by warp factor 7. I can't see GoPro evening bothering with the Karma anymore.

I honestly think that is why GoPro is giving only full refunds of the Karma during the recall rather than promising a replacement. I think they will announce that Karma is going back for retooling and perhaps a relaunch as a Karma 2 or a new name next year if they can make a competitive drone. I am not certain we will ever see the Karma again in the form it came out in.

Reactions: 2nd2non
I still prefer the mavic because, "what good is a quadcopter if you dont have it with you". also, quality is more than adequate.
That said, the P4P and I2 look awesome and definitely better buys for many, many people
love the multi-direction avoidance.

This is the year of DJI, definitely.

I honestly think that is why GoPro is giving only full refunds of the Karma during the recall rather than promising a replacement. I think they will announce that Karma is going back for retooling and perhaps a relaunch as a Karma 2 or a new name next year if they can make a competitive drone. I am not certain we will ever see the Karma again in the form it came out in.
I'm starting to think the same. DJI is just in a different league than GoPro when it comes to drones

They should have tried to just buy DJI back before they were hemorrhaging cash

having the equivalent of Sony's rx100 camera on a $1500 drone is a gamechanger. That camera blows anything gopro has to offer (or any action camera for that matter).

Reactions: Mako79
With the DJI Inspire, Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro, DJI is pretty much leading the competition by warp factor 7. I can't see GoPro evening bothering with the Karma anymore.
I hope GoPro keeps trying. It would be a terrible shame to lose that competition. It keeps DJI on their toes to keep innovating. Without competition DJI will become stagnant. I think DJI has upped their game because they were expecting GoPro to come up with something big. As it turns out DJI overcompensated big time. However, DJI still lags way behind in one area... customer service. One of the reasons is because they can get away with it. Are you a disgruntled DJI customer? If yes... Where are you going to go? What else are you going to buy that can even come close? DJI has my business right now, because their product blows away the competition. But, I'm not a fanboy. I don't have any customer loyalty. I'd drop DJI in a heartbeat if someone else could come up with an equal (or maybe just near equal) product with good customer service.

I just want to know how I can preorder the Mavic Pro 2.

intell-flight-modes.jpg

LOL, the TapThis feature icon... I thought it was real for a second until I saw the "Oooh me nuts" icon. Clever!

So nice that regular phantom 4 batteries with on the Pro.

Also how nice is it that it looks just like a normal P4... Great to hide it from the wife

Honey it's the same drone I've had for months... [emoji12]

Reactions: Pricey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S