DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI App 4.2.6 and Samsung S5 Video Pixelated

bimmer7

Reactions
Hello all,

I have searched the forum and google, and have found only sparse issues regarding the subject title. My S5 and older DJI software works fine without pixelation on the video transmission even up to 2000 feet away. After I upgraded to the 4.2.6 app and associated firmware on the Mavic, now, I can't fly my Mavic without video pixelation. I can be as close as 10 feet, and pixelated video transmission still occurs. I have done the following to try to fix the issue:

1. Uninstall and reinstall DJI 4.2.6 app two times with no success.
2. I have tried to select varies transmission (regular mode/smooth/HD mode, 10 mhz, 20 mhz), and that did not work either.
3. I have not modify the cache location or where DJI saves the image by default (phone and not SD Card on phone).

The issue comes and goes. Within the first 5 minutes, everything is fine. Then into flight (recording or no recording), the video transmission gets pixelated and I have to press the RTH button. Sometimes, the pixelation starts within 30 seconds of flight. Sometimes, it is right away when I connect.

Could someone make any reasonable suggest as to what I can do to mitigate the pixelation issue? I had a Samsung Tab S also, and that tablet will not work with DJI App. Pixelation starts as soon as you connect tot the Mavic. That has happened with the old version and new version of DJI.

Last edited:
You might swap out your USB cables but more likely the S5 cpu and video processors are overworked. Is it getting hot? You could delete the GO4 app and retrieve an earlier version, 4.1.15 or earlier. The older app revisions use less cpu to run. Canning or turning off all of the other phone functions might help. I had an old Insigna tablet which would last into the second MP battery before it got hot enough that the video feed would pixilate or the GO4 app would crash.

Last edited:
Following....I have the same issue. It's a pain. I can still fly but it really sucks if I'm flying some precise maneuvers. The feed will eventually clear up but I am wasting flying time waiting for that to happen and the biggest pain is that the video feed is a second or two after the inputs so lining up the shot is tedious sometimes.

Hello all,

I have searched the forum and google, and have found only sparse issues regarding the subject title. My S5 and older DJI software works fine without pixelation on the video transmission even up to 2000 feet away. After I upgraded to the 4.2.6 app and associated firmware on the Mavic, now, I can't fly my Mavic without video pixelation. I can be as close as 10 feet, and pixelated video transmission still occurs. I have done the following to try to fix the issue:

1. Uninstall and reinstall DJI 4.2.6 app two times with no success.
2. I have tried to select varies transmission (regular mode/smooth/HD mode, 10 mhz, 20 mhz), and that did not work either.
3. I have not modify the cache location or where DJI saves the image by default (phone and not SD Card on phone).

The issue comes and goes. Within the first 5 minutes, everything is fine. Then into flight (recording or no recording), the video transmission gets pixelated and I have to press the RTH button. Sometimes, the pixelation starts within 30 seconds of flight. Sometimes, it is right away when I connect.

Could someone make any reasonable suggest as to what I can do to mitigate the pixelation issue? I had a Samsung Tab S also, and that tablet will not work with DJI App. Pixelation starts as soon as you connect tot the Mavic. That has happened with the old version and new version of DJI.
I have the same phone and the same problems, it only started happening when I updated Go4 (I learned never to update when something is working:rolleyes:). I would try downgrading to an older version of Go4 like LarryM said.

Thank your for the advice. I went to apkmirror and downloaded the DJI app 4.2.4. I have not had a chance to test it yet, but I have hand flown the mavic indoors to see if pixelation occurs. So far so good, but the real test will be actual flights. I will report back soon.

The next step will be 4.1.15. I have videos back in 12/29/17 with no pixelation.

The $49 (last Christmas' sale price) Huawei Ascend XT2 'Wunderphone' (you can find a very long thread about this phone) might provide a solution to pixilation frustrations. Mine has held up through a couple DJI GO revisions with virtually no problems. Too bad I just dropped it and had to replace it at the current $84 price.

I tried the DJI Go 4.2.4 and 5 minutes into a perfect video flight, pixelation on the S5 started when I did a quick 360 narrow banking turn.

I like the XT2 idea since it has an IPS screen instead of AMOLED; IPS screen seems to be better in sunlight than AMOLED. One drop and the XT2 is out? Hmmm. I'll make a note.

If today permits, I'm testing out the 4.1.22, and if that fails, I'll just go straight to the 4.1.15. Last option will be the XT2 for $80. :D Jim, do you have a Samsung S5 too?

I tried the DJI Go 4.2.4 and 5 minutes into a perfect video flight, pixelation on the S5 started when I did a quick 360 narrow banking turn.

I like the XT2 idea since it has an IPS screen instead of AMOLED; IPS screen seems to be better in sunlight than AMOLED. One drop and the XT2 is out? Hmmm. I'll make a note.

If today permits, I'm testing out the 4.1.22, and if that fails, I'll just go straight to the 4.1.15. Last option will be the XT2 for $80. :D Jim, do you have a Samsung S5 too?

Hey bud, we just helped another guy through the same issue, same phone. He had to go one below 4.1.15 and everything works great.

Don't have the Samsung S5 but have tried others with the same result. Rolled back to the 4.1.18 and all works great. Just bought a Huawei Mediapad T2 8" Pro tablet, seems to be working OK with latest app, just have to wait for some good weather to try out a good flight and see how it handles that. Will be nice to have the big screen. :)

It's chalk and cheese. S5 and 4.2.6 just do not go together - pixelation, artifacts and delays. With 4.1.15 normality returns.

Thank you all. 4.1.15 rollback was the key that worked. I'm loving my drone again. I flew out to 3000+ ft with no pixelated transmission after two batteries.

I cane here looking for an answer but I got a lot more helpful recommendation especially from Larry with the XT2. I will also look into the Mediapad model as well.

Anyone else having a pixelization problem with a LG G5?
Just started last flight after months without any problems.
Did not do any updates or make any setting problems at all.

The latest that I can see on Google Play is 4.2.20 but the DJI site says 4.2.8 is available. Strange.
I have not yet tried another device.

Reactions: Former Member
Still having pizelization problems with video feed with DJI Go4. Definitely the Go4 ap that isthe problem. Litchi works fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000