DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI App not connecting to remote

JMHaro

Reactions
I have a question. I'm running with a Nexus 7 as my device. I have it setup so I don't have to remove the Nexus 7 from the controller when I store it (since it's such a tight fit). But, every time I start up the controller with the MP also running, since nothing auto starts on my device, I try to launch the DJI Go 4 app, but it will not connect.

But if I disconnect the connector cable from my device, and reconnect it, 'then' it prompts me for what I want to launch (DJI Go 4 or Litchi). So which ever one I select at that time, correctly starts and connects.

So is that common that the connector has to be connected 'after' the remote has connected to the MP? Or am I missing something?

I know with IOS it's hit or miss if I start the app after the controller is on.
If I run the App first and then switch on the controller it connects every time.

Rob

Hi! Try to get developer mode and enable USB debugging! Google it for your device how?!

I'll try the USB debugging thing myself - I have the same issue, sometimes my phone doesn't try to open any app when the controller connects and if I manually open one I'm not connected. It can also be remedied by a (sometimes repeated) unplug and replug of the cable.

Not a big deal and I've also found another workaround which is to tap the "USB for charging" notification and change to file transfer then it prompts for what app to load.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e