DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI APP UPSIDE DOWN!

colorado kid

Reactions
howdy, everyone. i am really frustrated. i recently went through with most recent firmware. and for some odd reason, now when i open fly app, it is upside down and i am forced to fly my mini upside down. sometimes, it turns corrects itself after 5-10 min, but sometimes not. and as you can imagine, it can be terrifying to not have complete control, when flying.

any ideas why this is happening and how i can fix this??

thanks in advance!!

You might check the auto screen rotation on your device.

On most devices you should be able to lock it in landscape mode.

That was a problem when Mini 1 was first released but long been fixed.

I seem to recall workaround was lock device orientation to landscape before starting Fly. I can't remember if that was iOS or Android.

howdy, everyone. i am really frustrated. i recently went through with most recent firmware. and for some odd reason, now when i open fly app, it is upside down and i am forced to fly my mini upside down. sometimes, it turns corrects itself after 5-10 min, but sometimes not. and as you can imagine, it can be terrifying to not have complete control, when flying.

any ideas why this is happening and how i can fix this??

thanks in advance!!
Try Googling the turn, "Fix screen rotation on iPhone" or whatever device you use. On my phone or iPad, I have to swipe down diagonally to open the screen with the the screen rotation.Go to the LOCK, circle with an arrow.

Let us know if this works.

Dale
Miami
Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 8.35.58 AM.png

Try Googling the turn, "Fix screen rotation on iPhone" or whatever device you use. On my phone or iPad, I have to swipe down diagonally to open the screen with the the screen rotation.Go to the LOCK, circle with an arrow.

Let us know if this works.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 121276
hi dale, thanks for your message. yes, i have iphone, but don't quite understand what you mean. can you clarify? thanks! am going crazy with this...

Dale's "Fix" may work, but to me it means it will lock your phone in the upside down position and your app won't ever be right and seems it might lock all screen rotation?. When you hold your phone straight up and down and rotate it 360° do other apps or pictures rotate correctly? Have you done this with the DJI App?

hi dale, thanks for your message. yes, i have iphone, but don't quite understand what you mean. can you clarify? thanks! am going crazy with this...
Look at this video
. If this does not help you, Google your actual device with the term "screen unlock iPhone 11" or "screen unlock- iPad", or whatever device you have. Also I am including my own screen grab and directions. Let me know if this works for you.
Dale

screen rotation unlock.jpg .screen rotation unlock.jpg

Attachments

• screen rotation unlock.jpg
    screen rotation unlock.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads