Join Us Now

DJI apparently fix the GPS issue on Beta firmware 648 - Video

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Testing the firmware V01.00.648 (Beta Firmware) looks like the issue has been improved or resolved.
I was able to acquiree GPS signal and homepoint in about 40 seconds when with the firmware 642 was 1 minute and 20 seconds and the releases firmware .600 (current firmware) I always pass over 2 minutes.

I am attaching a video testing.

Also APAS has improvements on the firmware 642 but some issues (but still good) on firmware 648. Now i have good hopes for the next official firmware.
Thanks DJI !!!!!

that's excellent stuff!!!.. thanks for the info!!.. can't wait til all this crap is fixed :):)

Reactions: zeusfl
@zeusfl the GNSS acquisition seems quite improved. That's good!

Have you looked at AirSense to see if other aircraft display while the Mavic 3 is inflight?

You'll need to change the AirSense setting to low/medium/high to see far away aircraft (tap on the airplane icon on the map to change that setting).

This screenshot is from the ground. If my Mavic 3 gets more than 6-10 feet above ground level, AirSense is not available.

Screenshot_20220516-085518.jpg

Good to hear that GNSS is being work on, hope this will be the update that resolve this one and for all.

@zeusfl the GNSS acquisition seems quite improved. That's good!

Have you looked at AirSense to see if other aircraft display while the Mavic 3 is inflight?

You'll need to change the AirSense setting to low/medium/high to see far away aircraft (tap on the airplane icon on the map to change that setting).

This screenshot is from the ground. If my Mavic 3 gets more than 6-10 feet above ground level, AirSense is not available.

View attachment 148408
I will verify that today but mine seems to work at the air.

Reactions: oztx
Testing the firmware V01.00.648 (Beta Firmware) looks like the issue has been improved or resolved.
I was able to acquiree GPS signal and homepoint in about 40 seconds when with the firmware 642 was 1 minute and 20 seconds and the releases firmware .600 (current firmware) I always pass over 2 minutes.

I am attaching a video testing.

Also APAS has improvements on the firmware 642 but some issues (but still good) on firmware 648. Now i have good hopes for the next official firmware.
Thanks DJI !!!!!

Two questions.
1. How did you do the screen record? Is that only a function available with the Smart Controller?
2. Did the function to turn off the gimbal rising above horizon level get returned?

Two questions.
1. How did you do the screen record? Is that only a function available with the Smart Controller?
2. Did the function to turn off the gimbal rising above horizon level get returned?
1- This is a function on the Smart controller and RC Pro, however, in the Smart Controller cause problem and lag when you do that. The flight will be lag and even can freeze the image. This was reproduced by my self and @Phantomrain.org and other several people I know. The RC Pro has a much better GPU capable to do it without problem.

2- The rising about horizon level was as default. I do not use that function

Reactions: Norval

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu