DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI are an absolute shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavicpilotsnumpty

Reactions
I bought x1 Mavic 2 Pro, Fly more kit, and DJI Care Refresh on the 28th of August.
DJI billed me for x2 Mavic 2 Pro, Fly more kit, and DJI Care Refresh kits.
I noticed their error and pointed it out, which was the same day, and sent them an email. I got a reply someone would look into it.
I waited for the whole weekend to see a further email and cancel of their mistake.
What I got instead was that the items were being sent to me and I could not cancel my orders. Grrrrr.

I complained and have complained many times to DJI about this.

DJI told me it was s simple process of just refusing one of the packages when it arrived and keep the other one, I would then get a refund.
What they failed to mention that the refund could take 30 days to be back in my bank account after they spent time inspecting it.

So I opened, but never flew the second drone, I noticed the video feed had white spots and lines on the video so this drone was a DOA.

I told them about that, and asked for them to return it, for a full refund.

At this moment I am out £3594.
With only one DOA drone.

I returned the second drone via their courier and many complaints later they email me to ask me to cancel my Paypal cases against them.
I told them no.

This morning, I receive an email from DJI, telling me, victoriously, they are going to refund me £1688 for the Drone I refused, as per their request. This would be welcome news if it was not that they billed me £1797 originally for an order I did not make.

They even provided a link to my order which clearly states I paid £1797 for my order, but in their summary, they only included part of them order and the missing part of the order is the bit I'm out, which is the DJI Care Refresh.

I never received the drone, I never had use of it, they told me to refuse it and I would get a full refund and now they are not going to give me a full refund. WTF?????

DJI are a total shower!

Open PayPal cases against both purchases and keep them open, then if need be get PayPal to escalate it.
It will do them more harm than you.

Personally I won't buy another dji product. I have the original mavic pro but there is just too much vendor control. If I ever buy another I'm going to Parrot.

DJI support sucks! Just did an entire video about it and had them comment on it too. They screw so many people around it’s not even funny. I’m on my 4th replacement MA2 now and have had many reach out saying they have had similar stuff even with inspire 2’s and more. I just tried to get my refresh attached to this latest 4th replacement they sent me and DJI is moronic about it. I call and they tell me to email...wtf....so I email and then they email me back like 3 more times as if I have to prove. It’s my drone. I bought it off their website!!! They’re so f’n moronic it’s scary.

Never never close a PayPal claim per anybody request unless a problem is completely resolve. Once you close a claim you CAN NOT reopen it again and many of this companies know this. They will leave you hanging if you do so. I learned that lesson in a hard way and cost me $1400 the lesson with an DSLR camera.

I always buy in Amazon for that reason and others as well even if I have to pay few more bucks.

PayPal Protection, Good luck.. You have to do all the work to prove your case. They will not even try unless you have done the work for them. Do Not Close Case no matter how much they request it. Fighting for a refund for 2 months now. Resolution postponed 6 times even with overwhelming proof (from me and UPS). Shipper never even replied to them! Total fraud website. Credit card safer, almost instant refunds and a real person.
Good luck.

As zeusfl above, mine is also a camera.

I bought x1 Mavic 2 Pro, Fly more kit, and DJI Care Refresh on the 28th of August.
I noticed their error and pointed it out, which was the same day, and sent them an email. I got a reply someone would look into it.
I waited for the whole weekend to see a further email and cancel of their mistake.
What I got instead was that the items were being sent to me and I could not cancel my orders. Grrrrr.

DJI told me it was s simple process of just refusing one of the packages when it arrived and keep the other one, I would then get a refund.
What they failed to mention that the refund could take 30 days to be back in my bank account after they spent time inspecting it.

So I opened, but never flew the second drone, I noticed the video feed had white spots and lines on the video so this drone was a DOA.

With only one DOA drone.

I returned the second drone via their courier and many complaints later they email me to ask me to cancel my Paypal cases against them.
I told them no.

This morning, I receive an email from DJI, telling me, victoriously, they are going to refund me £1688 for the Drone I refused, as per their request. This would be welcome news if it was not that they billed me £1797 originally for an order I did not make.

They even provided a link to my order which clearly states I paid £1797 for my order, but in their summary, they only included part of them order and the missing part of the order is the bit I'm out, which is the DJI Care Refresh.

I never received the drone, I never had use of it, they told me to refuse it and I would get a full refund and now they are not going to give me a full refund. WTF?????

DJI are a total shower!
I am on week number four of their online (as I call it, (useless, customer support), I had/have a similar experience with a smart controller, I am told they are busy and the support team is busy. Well, they weren’t too busy to bill me twice and if I had a penny for how many times they told me, “no worries, your in good hands”, I’d be well off. I feel your frustration, good luck. Oh, as soon as I noticed I was billed, I immediately contacted them and I was also unable to cancel the order “on their end”... still waiting...

Reactions: mavicpilotsnumpty
mmmm, i am wondering if the charging twice is a new strategy for make money since they return after 30 days or more. Having few thousand people with the same trick can generate some interest.

With only one DOA drone.

I told them no.

DJI are a total shower!
Update!!! I just received a $5.99 credit to my DJI account! Yes! Five dollars and ninety nine cents! To be used how ever I wish, with some restrictions of course. I did buy a refurbished smart controller for $599 so I think they forgot to move the decimal point. Here we go again...

That really sucks.

Just a thought if your PayPal source is a credit card. You may be doubly protected. So if PayPal start giving you the runaround bring the CC in to bat.
But to be honest I have raised 3 cases with PP and they were always resolved quickly. One was for 2.5k!

I never had problems with PP cases just when made the mistake closing one. The vendor says is going to send me a brand new camera replacing the one that he send that was not working "open box" but he request to close the PP case first and guest what. He never send it back and never refund me the money. Because I close the case PayPal never return my money either.

Now use Amazon and my American Express. The best card for purchases with the best protection.

i have three spark then a mavic pro both have actually been worn out. to have to be refurbished, and a new or refurbished inspire 1 and it is a neat unit haven,t had much time with it, but unlike the spark and the mavic it is not a self keeper and damned expensive in comparision ,anybody want to buy anyone of them they are for sale ,the care refresh was good one time for a spark battery incident but i found later even though they approve of litchi it voids any warranty , and there software dosen,t come close to what can be done with litchi. anyway thats been my experience with DJI

With only one DOA drone.

I told them no.

DJI are a total shower!
good luck sir

PayPal are great at sorting out bad vendors.
Paypal can be a chore also. I recently had a 87.00 dispute for product not received. Seller had no tracking proof that it ever arrived. PayPal asked him for more info. That took 3 weeks. PayPal sent me messages that they were “reviewing” said documents and would have an answer in 5 days. That process went on for 6 weeks. Every time I looked at the system, the review date was pushed back 3 to 5 more days.(6 more weeks) I finally got tired of that routine and called them. After explaining to whoever answered that I had had my fill of that sequence of events, they got the point and refunded the 87.00.
Non of this type of scenario is fun no matter who the parties are.

With only one DOA drone.

I told them no.

DJI are a total shower!
Lonesome ?

I am on week number four of their online (as I call it, (useless, customer support), I had/have a similar experience with a smart controller, I am told they are busy and the support team is busy. Well, they weren’t too busy to bill me twice and if I had a penny for how many times they told me, “no worries, you're in good hands”, I’d be well off. I feel your frustration, good luck. Oh, as soon as I noticed I was billed, I immediately contacted them and I was also unable to cancel the order “on their end”... still waiting...
That is weird, our complaints seem so similar. This must be a thing they are trying. Sorry for your trouble too. Mine will definitely get passed the 4-week mark before this is sorted, which means Paypal will take a credit payment. I feel at this moment I will send DJI my terms and conditions of contacting me. I will charge them each time I have to contact them, or they, me. £20 per correspondence should do it.

So far so......

,,,,,,Just had a notification from Paypal that they have found the first complaint and open case in my favour. Oddly, within 14 minutes of that notification, I get two emails from DJI saying they have refunded me. Thank you PayPal.

Though, in DJI's email, a disclaimer warning, that it may take 14 days for any money to come back to me. So basically they received the untouched, and still wrapped in its cellophane, drone back on the 6th of September and I get my money back roughly 20-30 days later, or maybe more. Hmmmm.

If I receive the money that will be x1 down, x1 to go.

They already received the other DOA drone back last week. Judging by their, we need to inpsect it first, then let you know if we approve, deal, which can take up to 3-5 working business days. That means, by Thursday, I should receive an email from them, with hopefully, an apology, again and a, we will refund you notice. This will take their usual up to 14 days to appear in your account and up to 30 days for it to clear, nonsense, I suppose.

Anything other than that will be met with my terms and conditions and charging them for my wasted time.
By now they have cost me a day's time in emails and evidence gathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots