DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assisant 2 app problems

Sword7

Reactions
I just installed DJI Assistant 2 app on Windows 10. I plugged my MIni 2 drone into USB port. DJI Assistant 2 did not recognize my Mini 2 drone but it only showed as storage on Explorer.

I tried it on my MacBook Pro laptop and it recognized my Mini 2 drone as icon on DJI Assistant 2 app but it only showed Log Export menu (no firmware menu, etc..)

I googled it but my MIni 2 drone must be very new product and was introduced a few months ago.

Does anyone have any solutions with both problems?

Thanks,
Tim

I just installed DJI Assistant 2 app on Windows 10. I plugged my MIni 2 drone into USB port. DJI Assistant 2 did not recognize my Mini 2 drone but it only showed as storage on Explorer.

I tried it on my MacBook Pro laptop and it recognized my Mini 2 drone as icon on DJI Assistant 2 app but it only showed Log Export menu (no firmware menu, etc..)

I googled it but my MIni 2 drone must be very new product and was introduced a few months ago.

Thanks,
Tim
Verify you are using the DJI Asst. 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and not DJI Asst. 2 for Mavic (Ver 2.0.14)

Yes, I am using DJI Asst 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Its version is v2.1.0.
Will need to move to next step and that is verifying your cabling is data/sync and that is good. You will need to connect another device such as phone or tablet to your Win 10 machine and verify that cable is working as it should.

Also delete the Asst. 2 App, reboot computer and reinstall. Possible Driver issue.

and don't forget to connect the drone after you power it, not before, keep the dji assit open and connect the cable to the drone after you power it in 5 sec, when the motors test themselves

For windows, look in Device Manager for devices without known drivers and have them auto update drivers.
You might also need to auto update those "devices" related to that USB connection even if they show a valid driver. Often that means viewing drivers based on connection rather than by category.

Thanks,
Tim
DJI have updated the DJI Assistant 2, and dedicated a version to the Mini 2, and it’s useless, I have contacted DJI and gave them my opinion, they said they would pass on my expressions to there R&D dept, so I hope they listen !

On my PC, it detects the Mini 2. However the only option I have after selecting the device is to access the flight logs. It does not provide me the possibility to check current firmware or check for updates. these I only can check and install via the Fly App. Is this normal behavior?

On my PC, it detects the Mini 2. However the only option I have after selecting the device is to access the flight logs. It does not provide me the possibility to check current firmware or check for updates. these I only can check and install via the Fly App. Is this normal behavior?
I don't know why you would ask, certainly it isn't normal. But I have no clue if the Asst. App is to blame or you have something not quite right on your end, will leave you to others to trouble shoot. Best of luck.

+1

+2 Tried on both a Mac and a PC. Tried two different cables. No joy.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22