DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2.0.6 on Windows 10 kaput?

paulatkin73

Reactions
Hi,

Am i the only one who got this banner on windows 10 now refusing to run their latest DJI assistant?
i tried to uininstall it and it refuses to install - shows same thing saying it is 'blocked for my protection'. i got instaler running from CMD in the admin mode but it then refuses to start with a same cry as shown below.
i gotta say it is something new.

am i the only lucky one with this? has a certificate expired for the DJI app? or is it a new windoze 10 glitch?

Attachments

• 2019-03-12 10.07.18.jpg
    2019-03-12 10.07.18.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 64
I've got the same crap, is there gonna be a fix for this anytime soon, or a work around
dji forum has a comment from dji reps saying they are working on it.

some folks suggest turning off security measures in windows 10 to bypass a bad certificate, but, i would not advice doing it. so, go figure. dunno. they need a new cert for their software and it is not going to be done instantaneously. i would wonder who revoked their old cert and why. it is quite bazaar.

dji forum has a comment from dji reps saying they are working on it.

some folks suggest turning off security measures in windows 10 to bypass a bad certificate, but, i would not advice doing it. so, go figure. dunno. they need a new cert for their software and it is not going to be done instantaneously. i would wonder who revoked their old cert and why. it is quite bazaar.

you already allow dJI Assistant into your machine and DJI monitor all things. maybe your advice is not so good.

You are right, my bad.
yep, it is quite an unusual situation for a commercial software. go figure.
i also suspect if it would be simply expired - we would not get such a banner prohibiting execution altogether. it probably wold only warn, but not prohibit. odd stuff.

windows just did an update, I also have problems with other things that windows screws with everytime an update is done.
Could be just another windows BS

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
We're not the 23rd yet, so it hasn't expired per se. More likely whatever organization they're using to get it has issued a new one in advance of the expiration and revoked the old one in the process, but DJI didn't notice it.

Nothing wrong with Windows, it's just doing its job.

windows just did an update, I also have problems with other things that windows screws with everytime an update is done.
Could be just another windows BS
yes, but such the banner on code with no certs (or fake certs) was always there. but, heck, go figure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun