DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 and Calibration Process - Mac

MRomine

Reactions
Is this the buggiest software ever?

My Smart Controller tells me that I need to recalibrate my vision sensors. So I plug my M2P into my iMac running under Mojave 10.14.6, launch the DJI Assistant 2 software. The software recognizes my drone. I click 'Calibration' the software begins the process and gets almost all the way through but hangs every time when trying to calibrate the side vision sensor. It gets all the way to the upper left hand corner and will not go any further.

Anyone else have a similar issue and were you able to work around it?

DJI as usual is no help at all.

Is this the buggiest software ever?

My Smart Controller tells me that I need to recalibrate my vision sensors. So I plug my M2P into my iMac running under Mojave 10.14.6, launch the DJI Assistant 2 software. The software recognizes my drone. I click 'Calibration' the software begins the process and gets almost all the way through but hangs every time when trying to calibrate the side vision sensor. It gets all the way to the upper left hand corner and will not go any further.

Anyone else have a similar issue and were you able to work around it?

DJI as usual is no help at all.
I was having this similar problem but I found out it was how I moved the drone around the screen.....it took me a while to catch a nuance in what the tutorial was doing. I was moving my drone around the screen in a box motion rather than putting the drone in the center of the screen and aiming the sensor following the squares. Hope that helps.

WDK

Reactions: MRomine
I was having this similar problem but I found out it was how I moved the drone around the screen.....it took me a while to catch a nuance in what the tutorial was doing. I was moving my drone around the screen in a box motion rather than putting the drone in the center of the screen and aiming the sensor following the squares. Hope that helps.

WDK
Good reminder I had forgot about that so I wasn't sure if I had previously been doing that. So I went back and consciously pointed the vision sensor instead of moving the drone in a 'boxlike' motion. But it did not solve the issue.

Reactions: WDKZoom
Good reminder I had forgot about that so I wasn't sure if I had previously been doing that. So I went back and consciously pointed the vision sensor instead of moving the drone in a 'boxlike' motion. But it did not solve the issue.
I had a similar frustration with my 27" iMac; the solution was to use my daughter's much smaller MacBook. Worked first time.

Reactions: MRomine
I had a similar frustration with my 27" iMac; the solution was to use my daughter's much smaller MacBook. Worked first time.
That is the same computer that I have used in the past, the 27 iMac. I have an old MBP that I should try too. Thanks for the tip!

I gave it a try on my 15" MBP and it hangs in the exact same spot as my iMac. ? The MBP is running 10.13.6 High Sierra and the iMac is running Mojave 10.14.6

I gave it a try on my 15" MBP and it hangs in the exact same spot as my iMac. ? The MBP is running 10.13.6 High Sierra and the iMac is running Mojave 10.14.6
I am having the exact problem you described using my 15" MacBook Pro--Assistant hangs when I get to the top left corner while calibrating the side sensor.

I had similar problem but on mine it starts working but then wont even start on the bottom sensors. This is the 2nd time in a year with the same problem. last year I had to send it in to have them do it for $263. I just got off the phone with DJI just now and They say to send it in .
I think I'll just shut off the **** sensors- they dont seem to do anything anyway!

I spent four hours today trying to do a calibration...

Firstly, I don't agree with @bburnett15 that the sensors don't seem to do anything. When working, on my Mavic Air, they stop me flying head on into a wall or bush, and stop me reversing into the same. Of course, on the Mavic Air, they do not stop me flying sideways or ascending into things...

When the sensors are not working properly, and the drone is at near ground heights, the Mavic Air would even appear to confuse forwards and upwards, and backwards and downwards. Putting the right stick forward caused the drone to ascend as well as move ahead...

Therefore re-calibrating the sensors was very important to me. This is where the DJI software is so poor. I have written this up in the DJI forum:
Calibrating the DJI Mavic Air Vision System using DJI Assistant
but this joins dozens of articles saying how bad the software is.

Apart from the general moan about the software, I tried to include what helped me this time:
  • The app is called DJI Assistant 2 on the web, but in the Mac’s Applications Folder it is called simply Assistant.
  • Do not use it on any iMac 27” – Assistant is very sensitive to screen size and the iMac monitor is too large. (A Samsung 55” is Right Out!). I got mine working on a 1080p Philips monitor connected by HDMI
  • Do not use it on a system with two monitors. I had noticed this mentioned by a number of people in the forum, but didn't think it applied to me since my other monitor was off. The only time I could get past the fourth instruction screen, and get the "Calibrate" button, was when I had removed the cable to the other screen.
It was the third point that was crucial for me today.

Reactions: bburnett15
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada