DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 for Mac / OSX

PaoloOne

Reactions
Hi,
I have noticed that on my El Capitan MacBook Pro I am able to connect to the DJI Assistant only if I connect to the RC via USB cable before turning on the aircraft itself.
So the sequence is:
  1. Connect the USB cable to the RC
  2. Turn on the RC
  3. Establish connection to Assistant 2 by seeing the icon on the app
  4. Turn on the aircraft
  5. Use Assistant 2
I don't know if for others works this way but was the only way for me to upgrade the FW.

Cheers

i only used it once when i did update to 0.6 as i could not use phone for some reason.

just plugged drone into mac directly and using assistant did update. (no remote)

yes, you can update by plugging the drone directly, the way that I'm saying is to update the aircraft AND the controller at the same time.

In any case since this time (.700) updating was much faster and flawless than previously (.600) from now on I will only upgrade using the assistant. The previous update gave some chills because it hanged in the middle of the process and I had to repeat it. I would suggest to anybody to use the computer based procedure if possible.

Hi Guys,

I have a slightly similar problem. I have downloaded the DJI Assistance app but can not open it. I have checked the system requirements and for some reason when i attempt to open the app, it just does nothing.

Anyone know why

I need help.. I just a Mavic today and it will not upgrade from my phone.. I was told to get DJI assistant 2 but I can't find it for the mac....

can someone help with link

Mac updates are for free. Why use El Capitan?

I have an early 2011 MBPro that is a dog on any OS above 10.8.5. With 16GB RAM and a SSDrive, it's running fine. I don't care to lose performance for looks and features I do not want. Those are my reasons. Besides, it "ain't broke, so not fixing it!" Apple since Jobs loss hasn't been the best, though my stock keeps doing well...

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
Correct. Don't replace something that is working well. I have a MBPro late 2013. So the current release with Retina but I run into its limitations when running FCPX. Specially if I update effects in Motion 5. So, in September a new MBPro. Directly the top model (15" with 16GB etc). But I keep my "old" Mac beside. Maybe as a server or something like that.

You did download the DMG file and not the ZIP or EXE right?

Can anyone help? I have a MacBook Pro running 10.13.4. I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and installed it (followed by HoRNDIS) and got confirmations that both had installed correctly. I restarted the Mac but cannot find either app on the computer.

Where has the app gone to? I thought it might start up if I attached the Mavic but it did not.

This is the third time I have tried to install it.

pScreen Shot 2018-05-08 at 23.02.59.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair