DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic

BradfordD

Reactions
Just got my Mini delivered and hit the the the "exe" for the DJI Assistant 2 (Windows version)... its installed and has a shortcut on my main screen - but... it is still an "exe" file... so, every time I click on the shortcut - it reinstalls the darn program.

Am I doing something wrong?

Just got my Mini delivered and hit the the the "exe" for the DJI Assistant 2 (Windows version)... its installed and has a shortcut on my main screen - but... it is still an "exe" file... so, every time I click on the shortcut - it reinstalls the darn program.

Am I doing something wrong?
Locate actual program in your applications... or wherever you had the installer put it, and make a shortcut for that. Then delete the installer.

Reactions: JS1600
I just have 2 files the exe file and the uninstall file... I've created a shortcut file and then deleted the only file (other than the uninstall file) - and its still an .exe. file.

oh well...

I've created a shortcut file

It should create the shortcut for you?

I haven't looked for a recent version of Assistant until now and actually there is a more recent one than mine so downloaded that.

Please excuse if this walk through is what you have already done but:

Download the Assistant installer. I assume you have downloaded the .exe file although you could download the compressed zip. Run that by double clicking it in the Downloads folder. It will install a folder and whole bunch of files in a sub folder DJI Product in your Program Files (x86). You need not even go there. Choose when running the install setup .exe to have it create a shortcut on your desktop. This is what you should be clicking to run the app. The setup .exe in your Downloads folder can be deleted. This is not the program you want to run other than for the initial setup. You shouldn't be able to see any uninstall program which will be in amongst the installed files unless you go specifically looking for it or open up Settings/Apps.

There shouldn't really be a problem with this so let us know how you get on. I notice in the latest Assistant version there is a specific message on running from the shortcut for Mini owners to the effect disconnect the drone if connected and re-connect.

HTH

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55