DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI assistant 2 -- how does it work?

crusty50

Reactions
After many, many tries, I got DJI Assistant 2 to download to my MacBook. Trying to see how it works, but I get this message "If the product you purchase is Mavic Min, follow the steps to connect to DJI Assistant 2" followed by some directions -- no indication that it's for Mavic 2 Pro. That's it -- no other instructions. What does it do? What is it for? Do I need it? I see others have lots of problems with the app -- am I wasting my time trying to get it to work?

• Sad
Reactions: HEFFAE
No your going to want to learn how to use the Assistant 2 as its going to be the life saver or your drone.
The Assistant 2 is tricky, it will take some time to understand how it works but its going to allow you to update and back date if things go bad. Some updates are only going to work using the Assistant 2 such as the second to last SC update to be able to use it with the Air 2.

Just go through the Steps , you may have to plug and unplug as the Mac is harder to work with than the Windows, being that have both.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain/Snow and land on Water.

After many, many tries, I got DJI Assistant 2 to download to my MacBook. Trying to see how it works, but I get this message "If the product you purchase is Mavic Min, follow the steps to connect to DJI Assistant 2" followed by some directions -- no indication that it's for Mavic 2 Pro. That's it -- no other instructions. What does it do? What is it for? Do I need it? I see others have lots of problems with the app -- am I wasting my time trying to get it to work?
I used it for the first time yesterday. When I started it I got the same message about the Mavic Mini. I have a Mavic Air 2. There seemed to be no way to get by the 'Mini' message so I decided to just go with it and see what happened. I already had my drone plugged in so the Assistant found it and all worked out okay. I don't have a clue why it comes up with the 'Mini' message. Just another strange thing that is never explained.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Thank you both for your responses:). I suppose I'll fumble my way through.
As I've mentioned in some of my other posts, this kind of thing is why I'll never buy anything from DJI again. Nothing is clear, no questions answered, can't talk to the support center in Cerritos (they don't speak English). Batteries suck -- never had batteries swell up and pop before (I've been shooting video and stills for more than 30 years -- I've been through a few batteries). I hate the website -- it's an infinite loop that always takes you to a page that has nothing to do with what you were looking for.
All that being said, I love my Mavic 2 pro when it works properly.

Dont be to Harsh on DJI because I just spent quite a few months on the EVO 2 Experience and well , turn out that DJI is not so bad after all...:p

You dont want the DJI assistance 2. You want the DJI Assistance 2 for Mavic. They are different.

Thank you both for your responses:). I suppose I'll fumble my way through.
As I've mentioned in some of my other posts, this kind of thing is why I'll never buy anything from DJI again. Nothing is clear, no questions answered, can't talk to the support center in Cerritos (they don't speak English). Batteries suck -- never had batteries swell up and pop before (I've been shooting video and stills for more than 30 years -- I've been through a few batteries). I hate the website -- it's an infinite loop that always takes you to a page that has nothing to do with what you were looking for.
All that being said, I love my Mavic 2 pro when it works properly.

The process is quite simple, it's the same when using DJI Assistant 2 and all the DJI drones, just make sure you have the right version for the right drone.

Sometimes the there maybe a usb driver problems and the PC won't recognise the drone.

With the MM I think its a quirk due to the connection HAVING to be made within x seconds of the drone being switched on. With the M2P I dont remember any such time constraint so maybe the message is not needed.
Just be careful you select the correct function once you are in there. It's all to easy to trigger an update or messages about an update. (I dont want updates but that's just me.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka