DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI assistant 2/ unable to download

Greenedrone

Reactions
I'm new to my Mavic Air 2, I've owned a Phantom 3 for several years, using the dji go app. I can't get my Samsung note 9 to connect to the RC. So, I called support,their answer was to try updating the firmware on the RC,and aircraft. I CANNOT download the assistant 2 app. HELP,PLEASE!

First, you'll need the Android version of DJI Fly for MA2:

DJI Fly will download the necessary firmware updates which will need to be installed on MA2 and each battery.

DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic is here, although you can use MA2 without it.

First, you'll need the Android version of DJI Fly for MA2:

DJI Fly will download the necessary firmware updates which will need to be installed on MA2 and each battery.

DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic is here, although you can use MA2 without it.
Sounds good but, I can't get it to open once I download it. A screen comes up with ONLY, "Connect inspire "

Sounds good but, I can't get it to open once I download it. A screen comes up with ONLY, "Connect inspire "

Some Android devices don't like the DJI software and many are Samsungs. Even with the most updated Android software on the tablet(s), it still would not load for me. Got a different tablet and no issues from there. Is the tablet on DJI's approved list? If not, then it may or may not install.

Reactions: Thomas B

Your getting this message because your PC is not recognizing that you have connected the MA2, there is a problem with the usb drivers on your PC.

The other thing is when connecting have you powered on the drone ?

Some Android devices don't like the DJI software and many are Samsungs. Even with the most updated Android software on the tablet(s), it still would not load for me. Got a different tablet and no issues from there. Is the tablet on DJI's approved list? If not, then it may or may not install.
Odd. Fly runs fine on:
Galaxy S7 Edge
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Galaxy Tab S6
Motorola G Power (2019)

So your statement seems to be based on your limited bad experience, but is by no means universal.

Yep... problem is the changes allowed in open source Android software and changes in manufacturer’s hardware also.

Yep... problem is the changes allowed in open source Android software and changes in manufacturer’s hardware also.
Sure, but assuming a device has all the requisite hardware sensors and is running a recent or current version of Android, why would DJI Fly not work? Especially Samsung devices.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada