DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 - Wow

Dronebow

Reactions
Just used this new tool and I'm so impressed. This makes updating the firmware so simple. Gives some other options as well that make your life easy. Great job DJI.

Now, question I have.. Do you need to recalibrate after a firmware update??

This is actually going back to the way it used to be done. Up until the Phantom 3 series there was an PC based assistant to connect to your AC to update.

Why? I don't see the point and I've heard some horror stories about people recalibrating when the app has not asked them to e.g. fly aways.
Yes, this is exactly why I asked. I've been seeing the same threads and am a bit confused about it. With the P3 I would calibrate after each firmware load. Now, I'm not sure what to do.

Yes, this is exactly why I asked. I've been seeing the same threads and am a bit confused about it. With the P3 I would calibrate after each firmware load. Now, I'm not sure what to do.
I've seen a lot of issues too mate, wouldn't bother unless the app asks you to. I've update the firmware and 4 flights in all seems well without any calibration.

Just used this new tool and I'm so impressed. This makes updating the firmware so simple. Gives some other options as well that make your life easy. Great job DJI.

Now, question I have.. Do you need to recalibrate after a firmware update??
Sorry for the ignorance but what exactly is DJI assistant?

Wow, really? I was so unimpressed by DJI Assistant 2. I don't hardly see the point of using it unless you need to revert to a prior firmware or "refresh" the current firmware. There are so few options I thought I must be missing something... maybe I am.

I find using the Go app on my phone way easier. Basically you just agree to the firmware update by swiping and wait until it's done. No need to bother with hooking up cables.

As for recalibration, I'm sticking with doing it if the Go app prompts me to do it. I figure if it requires a recal after a firmware update it'll tell me to do it. I haven't every calibrated my IMU even after the firmware update right out of the box. No problems so far after about 10 flights.

Last edited:
Wow, really? I was so unimpressed by DJI Assistant 2. I don't hardly see the point of using it unless you need to revert to a prior firmware or "refresh" the current firmware. There are so few options I thought I must be missing something... maybe I am.

I find using the Go app on my phone way easier. Basically you just agree to the firmware update by swiping and wait until it's done. No need to bother with hooking up cables.

As for recalibration, I'm sticking with doing it if the Go app prompts me to do it. I figure if it requires a recal after a firmware update it'll tell me to do it. I haven't every calibrated my IMU even after the firmware update right out of the box. No problems so far after about 10 flights.
Same here. Calibrate when asked or notice flight is irregular. All good so far. Flies straight as an arrow.

Why? I don't see the point and I've heard some horror stories about people recalibrating when the app has not asked them to e.g. fly aways.
Do I need to calibrate when I get my delivery or only if it tells me to?

Do I need to calibrate when I get my delivery or only if it tells me to?
Out of the box you should update the firmware (you will be prompted to do so). You should calibrate the compass and the remote controller sticks. Do not calibrate the IMU unless instructed to do so. After reading the manual several times and spending hours of time on this forum and the DJI forum, that's what I have decided is best/safest to do.

Out of the box you should update the firmware (you will be prompted to do so). You should calibrate the compass and the remote controller sticks. Do not calibrate the IMU unless instructed to do so. After reading the manual several times and spending hours of time on this forum and the DJI forum, that's what I have decided is best/safest to do.
Thanks for the reply what is the IMU?

When looking at the firmware options on either Assistant 2 or the Go App do you see the option to revert back to V1.02.0900? I am trying to go back to V1.02.0900 but only have options to refresh V1.03.0200 or downgrade to V1.03.0000.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242