DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI ASSISTANT 2

garyirv

Reactions
I Have a DJI MAVIC AIR and would like to know what the DJI ASSISTANT has to offer. After downloading DJI+ASSISTANT+2+1.2.4.exe and clicking on run as administrator I get message saying "APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION" I have a Windows 10 desktop with the latest updates and I am the administrator. What could be going wrong here?img01.jpg

Look like typical windows UAC issue.
I have not had this issue. If you are running as admin, I wouldn’t have thought this would be a problem.

The code signing certificate from DJI Assistant 2 has been revoked.
That's why Windows 10 is blocking it.

Reactions: WAXMAN and JSKCKNIT
Just tell windows to ignore this file because it is ok. A lot of people have had this issue. Do not worry the software is not malicious!

I changed UAC to never notify then rebooted computer and am getting same message "APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR TOUR PROTECTION" Are there anything else to try?

I have turned User Account Settings OFF and I still get the problem
That won't do anything. You have to wait until DJI issued new certificates for their code(s) (e.g. Assistant 2)

Just posted this in response to a boilerplate response from DJI Tech support:

"I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1809 Build 17763.348 on my laptop. I have turned off ALL antivirus software ALL driver signing verification as well as Windows firewall on both Public and Private networks. I uninstalled the program and scrubbed the Registry from all DJI references and I still get the notification when I attempt to reinstall the program. A copy of the program I had previously installed on my desktop has also stopped working. The general thinking from the DJI forums is that the code signing certificate from DJI Assistant 2 has been revoked and must be renewed before the software can be used again. If you allow this problem to persist people are going to be flying with outdated code and there are going to be crashes that DJI could be held responsible for.

It looks like the problem is on your end. I suggest that DJI resolve the matter before it starts impacting sales or drags you into arbitration or the courts. People are posting about this problem ALL OVER THE WEB! I have a marketing background and I know what I am talking about. This issue can hurt DJI seriously. Fix it!"

Hope they listen!

After experiencing the same thing in Win 10 (even tho I have admin privileges) I was able to get it to run using the super admin feature in Win 10:

How to Activate Super Administrator Account in Windows 10 | iSeePassword Blog

Just remember to turn it off later...YMMV.

I tried it on my laptop and it didn't work. I could not reinstall the application. I remoted into my desktop at home where the program is installed and it also did not work. I get the same dialogue box about how an administrator will not allow the program to run.

Last edited:
Just posted this in response to a boilerplate response from DJI Tech support:

"I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1809 Build 17763.348 on my laptop. I have turned off ALL antivirus software ALL driver signing verification as well as Windows firewall on both Public and Private networks. I uninstalled the program and scrubbed the Registry from all DJI references and I still get the notification when I attempt to reinstall the program. A copy of the program I had previously installed on my desktop has also stopped working. The general thinking from the DJI forums is that the code signing certificate from DJI Assistant 2 has been revoked and must be renewed before the software can be used again. If you allow this problem to persist people are going to be flying with outdated code and there are going to be crashes that DJI could be held responsible for.

It looks like the problem is on your end. I suggest that DJI resolve the matter before it starts impacting sales or drags you into arbitration or the courts. People are posting about this problem ALL OVER THE WEB! I have a marketing background and I know what I am talking about. This issue can hurt DJI seriously. Fix it!"

Hope they listen!
“Fix it” ...?
I know how I would respond to that

Reactions: Mr. Salty
I Have a DJI MAVIC AIR and would like to know what the DJI ASSISTANT has to offer. After downloading DJI+ASSISTANT+2+1.2.4.exe and clicking on run as administrator I get message saying "APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION" I have a Windows 10 desktop with the latest updates and I am the administrator. What could be going wrong here?View attachment 65821
Following. Same issue here.

No issue on the Mac version - looks like someone forgot to pay the bills and keep their Certs current on Windows. :cool:

DJI is spying on users. That is why it is being blocked. Be careful allowing DJI access to your computer.

DJI is spying on users. That is why it is being blocked. Be careful allowing DJI access to your computer.
Nice of you to join up and give us this dire warning.
I’ll apply the same amount of worry to this as your credibility

I am also getting this and wanted to see it there was an update for DJI Assistant 2 before I went away, will not be able to update once I leave home bugga.

I called DJI and walked them thru what we’re experiencing...just received a reply that ‘the engineers are aware of this issue and will be correcting it in the next release of Assistant 2” (timeline not specified)....

Some versions of Win 10 will not allow you to activate the Super-Admin feature I have found...

Couple this latest problem with DJI’s infamous unsigned drivers issue (Assistant does not connect) and it’s a huge disappointment for many users.

Not so easy, how would you “tell windows to ignore this file”

SO here is a link for how to get windows to stop interfering into our lives a little less. I have just tried this and it works fine first time. You need to switch uac off in windows 10 and Assistant 2 will run just as it did before.

Hope this helps a few who are still struggling with this rubbish!

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu