DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI assistant 2

Anybody else having this problem on Windows 10?View attachment 65826
I have the same issue. Just showed up after the latest Windows update. Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1809 Build 17763.348. I have turned off ALL antivirus software AND driver signing verification as well as Windows firewall on both Public and Private networks. I uninstalled the program and scrubbed the Registry from all DJI references (I do not recommend doing this unless you know what you are doing) Still get the notification. I contacted DJI support and am awaiting a response. I would love to hear if anyone has a solution, $1500 for a drone I can't update is not acceptable!

Attachments

• User Control blocks dji.jpg
    User Control blocks dji.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 39
I would love to hear if anyone has a solution
No solution yet. It's upon DJI's part to fix the issue.
Read the posts #2 and #3 to see what's the 'hickup' ...

Hi

Not DJI this is Windows !!

Just reloaded my windows 10 laptop in safemode and the program runs?

So what ever is stopping it it loads with Windows!! Just need to find out what it is :)
Image1.jpg

Hi

Took me an hour but I have found the solution !! :)

Not my hack but if you are happy to do it " IT DOES WORK!! "

Follow this ....

took two minutes and then I installed DJI assistant and it is running...

Reactions: Gazmg
Here’s what BDOG said would work. It’s in anther thread. He did this on his machine. He deserves all the credit.

Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.

You will need to access this and change it as follows:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.
Once you have entered the registry, click on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows then CurrentVersion then Policies then System
Next, you will see a dialog box with a #1. Change this to 0 and exit. Next, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon. Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.

Good luck.

Hi

The above two do work but when you install the Mavic pro version I cannot see my mavic?
If I install the older version which is not supported or updated anymore? it works!

same problem here and today completely lost control for apparently no reason, so I really need to find out ( or get help finding out ) what happen.

Here’s what BDOG said would work. It’s in anther thread. He did this on his machine. He deserves all the credit.

Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.

You will need to access this and change it as follows:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.
Once you have entered the registry, click on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows then CurrentVersion then Policies then System
Next, you will see a dialog box with a #1. Change this to 0 and exit. Next, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon. Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.

Good luck.
Hi Thomas going all way to system but the dialog box that you said with#1 I dont see it.

Hi Thomas going all way to system but the dialog box that you said with#1 I dont see it.
Hopefully BDOG will reply.
I don’t use Windows computer devices for my drone flying. Was just passing along info since it worked for those wo tried it.

Hi

Gioba59

Follow the video in my post it is exactly the same but easier to follow ?

Assistant 2 for the mavic states it only supports Mavic 2 and Mavic 2 Enterprise, on mine it could not see my
mavic pro !!!

I tried the older one which covers Mavic pro and it worked?

So DJI need to update the new Mavic assistant to cover the Mavic pro not just Mavic 2!

Likely due to a much more complex sensor system among other things. Maybe they will.
You should ask DJI I guess.
I have MPP and M2P. This has not created any problems for me.

My Fix....
  1. In Windows File Explorer, navigate to the DJI Assistant 2 directory... "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\DJI Assistant 2.exe"
  2. Select DJI Assistant 2.exe. Don't execute it, just select it.
  3. In the File Explorer menu above (Home, clipboard), click on "copy path"
  4. Click the Windows START menu to pop it up. You don't need to look for any program.
  5. Start typing the letters... CMD. A CMD desktop app strip should appear with a menu to the right.
  6. In the menu, click "Run as administrator". Click "Yes" to allow a DOS window to appear.
  7. Press "CTRL V" to paste the path and file name you just copied from the third step above.
  8. Press "Enter". The DJI Assistant 2 app should run, at least mine does.
(you can use the same approach to run the installation exe too)

Last edited:
Cmon guys. This has been fixed days ago. Download the latest and it should work without issue

Cmon guys. This has been fixed days ago. Download the latest and it should work without issue

Downloaded assistant for MPP yesterday on two windows 10 pc’s with the latest updates. Doesn’t work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3