DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant No Longer Useful?

gcopter1

Reactions
I have the A2S with an RC Pro controller.
Previously, I've owned other DJI drones such as the FPV and M2P, where the DJI Assistant was used.
Not sure if I ever used DJI Assistant to update my A2S, but, looking at the DJI download page, it seems that DJI Assistant, is not compatible with A2S and or an RC Pro controller?

So, if I read this correctly, from now on, all updates, be it for the drone, controllers or batteries, are now handled via the DJI Fly app?

Hey man, have you managed to solve the issue? I'm currently waiting for my DJI Air 2S to be delivered, and you have no idea how stoked I am! I've never owned a drown, and while I was quite skeptical about its price, I had to give in when I read the amazing reviews online. For the last couple of weeks, I've been trying to gather as much information as possible to be prepared when I finally get my hands on it. I found online communities quite useful, with the One moment, please... one standing out in particular. Thanks for your post! Cheers.

Last edited:
I have the A2S with an RC Pro controller.
Previously, I've owned other DJI drones such as the FPV and M2P, where the DJI Assistant was used.
Not sure if I ever used DJI Assistant to update my A2S, but, looking at the DJI download page, it seems that DJI Assistant, is not compatible with A2S and or an RC Pro controller?

So, if I read this correctly, from now on, all updates, be it for the drone, controllers or batteries, are now handled via the DJI Fly app?

There are many different DJI Assistant versions.... it always make users confused easily.

Only "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)" works with Air 2S.

I'm coming in a bit late to the conversation, but I tried to download DJI assistant 2 on my Mac.
Mac wouldn't allow it to happen...UNKNOWN publisher.
Should I dig out my windows 10 and try there?

The one linked earlier works fine got my air 2s. Used it to recalibrate everything including the vision sensor when I had some issues back in May. They haven't resurfaced since.

Plus you need it installed in order to use the Drone-hacks software.

I'm coming in a bit late to the conversation, but I tried to download DJI assistant 2 on my Mac.
Mac wouldn't allow it to happen...UNKNOWN publisher.
Should I dig out my windows 10 and try there?
This is normal.
You double-click on the .pkg file and it basically says "Unknown publisher - go away".

But if you instead right-click on the file and select Open it says "Unknown publisher - are you sure?"

Hey Brother, I am facing the same issue? I'm waiting for my DJI Air 2S to be delivered, and you have no idea how stoked I am. I've never owned a drone, and while I was quite skeptical about its price, I had to give in when I read the amazing reviews online. For the last couple of weeks, I've gathered as much information as possible to be prepared when I finally get my hands on it. I found online communities quite useful, with the One Moment, please... one standing out. Thanks for your post, brother.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS