DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI at CES in Las Vegas

Phoenix Drone

Reactions
I arrived in Las Vegas this morning for the consumer electronics show. Today is set up day and DJI has quite a booth. I’ll be visiting them throughout the week and will send updated pictures after their booth is built. Typically these are manned by marketing people who don’t always have technical depth however I wanted to ask if there’s any questions you would like me to ask them. I would also expect if they have any new product announcements it will be made at this show.Greg
6f247b32e52383e0017bc8e0290c6289.jpg
ae58f48972a0a5144428c0c40dcea80d.jpg

Is CES a trade show with restricted access or open to the public. Las Vegas PLUS CES...what a dream

USD $649? Ouch....

IMHO it is a good deal. A Mavic Controller is $300 USD, a 5.5" Crystal Sky is $469 USD. Having them put together in a slick package would normally increase the price, but in this case it saves you ~$177. On top of that, bundled with the drone it will be even cheaper, probably by another $100-150 USD. Seems pretty good to me. This has been rumored for a while now and I have been anxiously awaiting it - I am very pleased to see such a reasonable price, at least in my opinion.

Reactions: weenghee
This controller doesn’t have the dedicated lcd screen, so in that way, it shouldn’t be dearer than the 2 components combined price. Plus manufacturing savings.

What does the p4+ controller cost?

The HDMI port is only out to watch your Videos back, dam it DJI I thought we was going to be able to use fatsharks goggles then.

What does that mean 4k 60fps are DJI thinking of releasing 60fps for the mavic Pro 2 now??

UPDATE FROM FLOOR
I visited their completed booth, will post pictures. Yes smart controller is a new Mavic 2 companion product. $649, I specifically asked about the battery life and it is 2 or 2.5 hrs depending on who I asked. It was pretty warm to the touch. I use 6 batteries x 20 min each on my M2P and still have 35% on my controller.
af740087d7691dc908b281f9376affdc.jpg
0b1452a92964067891564ea8bb3cef5c.jpg
e0e9a77e77c369dbc6da812a9213c508.jpg

Last edited:
In Australia it’s $2499 for the M2P or $3099 with the smart controller. So $600 extra.

$1999/$2699 for the zoom- so $700 extra!

$1099 on its own. Yay Australia tax...

Seems an awful lot for an included display, while also losing the mini dedicated screen.

Reactions: Lofty420
Is the display very clear and bright? I have an iPhone XS and it’s not great on sunny days(irrespective of sun front/behind me)

Is the display very clear and bright? I have an iPhone XS and it’s not great on sunny days(irrespective of sun front/behind me)

An iPhone XS is barely half as bright as the Crystal Sky display built into that controller, so there would be an enormous difference in sunlight visibility. It's 1080P which is identical resolution and PPI as an iPhone 6/7 Plus (~400 PPI) and almost the same as your XS (458 PPI). I doubt it would look much different at all to the naked eye other than being way brighter.

Reactions: simonr23
An iPhone XS is barely half as bright as the Crystal Sky display built into that controller, so there would be an enormous difference in sunlight visibility. It's 1080P which is identical resolution and PPI as an iPhone 6/7 Plus (~400 PPI) and almost the same as your XS (458 PPI). I doubt it would look much different at all to the naked eye other than being way brighter.

Lets rephrase that a bit... :)

iPhone XS is 660 NITS - Controller is 1000 nits (1 nit = 1 cd/m2). That means an iPhone is just about exactly 2/3's as bight as the controller - which is quite a lot more than "barely half" as per your statement - which I would interpret as less than 50% as bright?

My chart-plotter on my boat is 1200 nits and that is just about reasonable in bright sunlight with a sun-cover. I would have wished it was 1500 though. The suncover (sunbrella top) covers the direct sun - but all the reflections from the water makes the issues. But for sailing without my sun top - I would really like 1500+ NITS.

So for most situations I think the controller at 1000 NIT will be ok - but in very bright scenes better brightness would be better (on the water in the sun - or in snow with sun) - which probably is why Crystal Sky is available in the Ultra model with 2000 NITS.

Reactions: simonr23

After holding the display and comparing it to my iPhone 6s I see a difference but it’s not significant.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada