DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI banned my forum account.....

kevinljxljx

Reactions

What happened was I received my Mavic Drone and found dust on the lens. I returned it to DJI and ask for a replacement. After a week, I received the replacement drone. However, this time, there was mould on the lens. Full store and pictures in the video below.

I posted the pics and videos on the DJI forum because I wanted people to be aware of this issue. However, DJI didn't come out and address why my replacement drone was worse then the original drone, and they didn't address why a drone that was marketed as camera drone has faulty lens. Dust? Yeah maybe I was picky, but mould? I got nothing to say.....

The second day. I logged on the forum, and found my account was banned until 12/12/2016, and my posts were deleted.....

Guys, I am not trying to libel DJI. It just looks like there are many defects because DJI is trying to push out this product to compete with the Karma. It would be ok if DJI is stand up and address issues, but it looks like DJI is trying to make everyone's mouth shut.

And I am not saying not to buy Mavic. It is a great drone, if it doesn't have those problems, but check the lens once you receive it. After all it is a camera drone.

Also, fly with caution. There are many known bugs like camera loosing focus during the flight or sudden decrease attitude during RTH.

Fly safe guys.

There has been a huge demand for this Mavic Pro drone. I believe they are producing and shipping at full capacity as of right now. Just my belief. To say they are pushing out drones to compete with the Karma drone, that is something I do not believe for one moment. The Karma drone was dead on arrival. Didn't even consider it before the Mavic was announced. As for your problems, sorry you got the short end, twice but it looks like they are taking care of you. You said you received your replacement a week later, wow! As far as addressing the issues that could affect a large number of drones, I think they've done that with firmware updates. For anything else it's a case by case. Do you believe that they should publicly address your particular issue? How could they address that a speck of dust got in your lens? "Hear ye, Hear ye"......They've even created a thread on their forum to assist anyone who has submitted a request for service and has a RMA number. Seems to me that the service reps on their forum are being very proactive in helping people resolve their service issues. I was blown away by that. As for being disrespectful and vulgar, that'll get you no where. I hope you get a good one though.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: grizzard
Is dust a fault? No, I'm being serious?

Would the dust or the "mold" wipe off?

As others have said, you should address your issues directly with DJI. The last thing we all want to hear about is each individual one of the million Mavics which are likely to be sold in the next couple of months.

It's fair to mention it once or twice...maybe you have different standards than others? If mine was dusty I would have wiped it off and tried to take some pics and videos with it. Maybe someone forgot to put the clear plastic on it?

I assume he means the "dust" and then the "Mold" was on the inside of the lense ?

If so, he should get a replacement - and/or get his money back and wait a few months until things are perfected more. There are always more hiccups at the start of production (I took my chances, and my Mavic seems to work fine).

Reactions: karlak
I believe the dust is inside. Really doubt wiping the lens will get rid of it.

Here's mine- I'd say it's pretty clean!
b9691cf2207338b6bfddd92bbcd16aca.jpg

When you zoom in on your photo it does look like there is something on the lense . .... im not saying this has any impact on your images but it does raise the question of how are these made ......

I have been into photography for a long time and i would say this was dirty ....

And if this is some sort of mold it would grow over time.

Last edited:
I think you're seeing reflections and dust on the outside of his lens. At least that's what I'm seeing. He says it pretty clean. I think he would know.

I wounder if someone with a different dji drone could do the same photo on the lense ?

Yeah I think it is just a reflection. I looked really close, and I used a flash on my iPhone 7. lol. Mines clean. I can't see anything with my eye

Holypoop that lense is tiny

If I was little vulgar then I apologize, but there is no reason for them to ban me after I received a faulty replacement and talked about it on the forum. It is clear that the reason why they ban me wasn't because of my attitude, it was because I had a thread saying Mavic's lens has problems and people should check theirs. I didn't post duplicates threads either, but that's what DJI wants you to think. My original posts were gone since they banned my account, so they can say whatever they want. DJI is known for deleting people's post to make their forum looks "clean", and I just think this just isn't the right thing to do. I am gonna stay away from their forum from now. There is no point to be there when you can get ban for pointing out problems with their products.

Beside the forum, there is just no excuse for them to give a replacement drone with a worse lens problem. The dust and mould was inside of the lens, so there is no way to clean it without open the lens, which void the warranty. Therefore, the best thing to do would be send the drone back to DJI and ask for replacement. They just send me a text said they've received my drone. I will let you guys know what they will do with it. The last time I talked to them, they said if the mould doesn't affect picture quality, then there is no reason to replace it. However, every photographer knows a mould inside the lends is like cancer, it will grow, and kill your lens slower.

Lastly, I want to make myself clear that I do love the Mavic Pro and I will keep using it. However, if DJI comes out a new drone in the future, I would wait a least a couple mouth before buying it. They are known for having problems with new products, and they will fix the problem silently in the next batch. I have to say their technology is amazing. I've seen a video which a Mavic fly into a tree clipped but managed not to crash, but their customer services is just not that great. If you guys had great customer services from DJI then great, but my experience wasn't that great.

I didn't post duplicates threads either, but that's what DJI wants you to think. My original posts were gone since they banned my account, so they can say whatever they want. DJI is known for deleting people's post to make their forum looks "clean", and I just think this just isn't the right thing to do.
If this is true, why are there many threads with people complaining about faulty hardware, cc charges, shipping concerns and technical support all over their forums? Go ahead, look at the front page and see that it is littered with complaints. It seems like you may have a slight paranoia issue.

Reactions: grizzard
Be a little more respectful and be a little more honest. "The Mavic's lens's are having a problem?" Really? ... All Mavics??? ... maybe yours, I don't know but I certainly haven't seen anything that points to a systemic problem as you say. And statement like the one next makes you look like a young troublemaker ... "DJI is known for deleting people's post to make their forum looks "clean"" I don't believe that for a minute; it's not in their best interests in promoting their product. If you can back up those 2 statements above with examples and references ... then maybe you might have some credibility. So ... be patient, be polite and keep us posted on how this turns out!

Reactions: ricphoto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej