DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI BRAND New Mavic 2 Pro replacement drone only EBAY seller

Patrick T.

Reactions
I just purchased a brand new DJI Mavic 2 Pro replacement drone never powered or activated on eBay when it was delivered I opened the box and as soon as I see the drone it didn’t look new it had knicks and scratches I contacted the seller and he told me it was new so I contacted DJI and told them the situation and they asked for the serial number and told me that it was a refurbished and was activated about a month before I purchased it I contacted the seller and told them on the research I had done on the drone and they still told me that it was a new drone and offer a refund on the drone if I wasn’t satisfied which is cool I told them why didn’t they send me the cut out serial number from the original box like they say on the post and said the never send them cause they already sold like 50 drones and never had any complaints so my concern is that they’re selling used drones and advertising that they’re new and getting away with it just wanted to let you guys know to be aware and check your serial number if buying something that’s advertised as new

Was the seller an DJI authorized seller .

Don’t know if he’s a authorized dealer or not I bought it on eBay mid city hobbies
Got ya, sometimes it pays to just buy from them but it looks like you're getting your money back so all is good other than the hassle. Thanks for the heads up . Thumbswayup

Yes you’re right I bought a Mavic 2 Pro camera from them about a month ago and didn’t have any problems with it so figured they were pretty much legit and they advertised it being new also so makes me wonder if is used also don’t think the camera has any way to find out if it’s new or used

I'm very reluctant to buy certain things on Ebay but got a new Mavic Pro back in January off an Ebay seller with not a lot of prior history shown for his account. The photograph of the box showed some scuff marks and it indeed was scuffed up pretty good when I got it. It was completely sealed when I received it but it was obvious that at some point in the shipping process to the seller it wasn't handled very well.

Fortunately nothing inside was damaged and registration, set-up and flights so far have been without a hitch. I usually don't take chances and was prepared to start a claim for return just based on the pictures of the box expecting there might be some issues.

Reactions: silverdragon
I know what you mean there is a lot of scammers and have to be careful who you’re buying from the good thing about eBay is they Guarantee you get what’s advertised or your money back but still have to go through the process of sending it back to get your refund

Was the seller an DJI authorized seller .
Yes understandable I only bought it cause it was the drone only no camera,battery,propeller or remote cause I bought a Mavic pro camera from the same seller to do a camera swap on my zoom and figured I’d buy the drone to put the zoom camera that I already had on it.i have extra batteries and props and even bought a remote that hasn’t arrived yet and a mc-case for it so I would have the 2pro and the zoom depending on where I was flying

i think if it the same seller on ebay i got my $650 body from - it was brand new with no scratches or issues, and got activated at dji as a brand new one. i guess i got lucky, who knows. i fly it all the time now, with the zoom gimbal on it.

i think if it the same seller on ebay i got my $650 body from - it was brand new with no scratches or issues, and got activated at dji as a brand new one. i guess i got lucky, who knows. i fly it all the time now, with the zoom gimbal on it.
Yes you did I bought mine for $475 and it says brand new not activated but doesn’t look new that why I had dji run the serial number and they said it was refurbished and activated 9-23-2019 and I just got it a couple of days ago they also said if the 5th to the last letter on the serial number is a S or a P not really sure about the P but I know they said S it’s refurbished

It's a sketch deal. Contact eBay and request a refund; they're pretty good about ensuring deals are done fully correct. I once bought a pool cleaner under more or less the same circumstances as described by the OP- got all my money back. Good luck!

Last edited:
I have bought many parts from MidcityHobby, all without a single problem!!
They are spot on with their descriptions and have great prices and excellent replacement parts or whole drones. Heck, they even sell the original boxes if someone needed a replacement!!
What they usually do is purchase many brand new DJI Drones and then strip them down and sell all the parts.
Without these guys, many of us smaller repair guys would not be able to repair drones, forcing every crashed done to go back to DJI and pay their crazy prices.
MidcityHobby are very good people, contact them and they will take it back, or send a different Mavic 2.
It may have been a simple mistake. I make many repairs on friends and family members drones, usually for a low price or for a favor or even free in some cases, without MidcityHobby, some of these parts cannot even be purchased from DJI.
Get in touch with them and they will fix your issue...,Rodger.

Reactions: Patrick T.
It's a sketch deal. Contact eBay and request a refund; they're pretty good about ensuring deals are done fully correct. I once bought a pool cleaner under more or less the same circumstances as described by the OP- got all my money back. Good luck!
I have bought many parts from MidcityHobby, all without a single problem!!
They are spot on with their descriptions and have great prices and excellent replacement parts or whole drones. Heck, they even sell the original boxes if someone needed a replacement!!
What they usually do is purchase many brand new DJI Drones and then strip them down and sell all the parts.
Without these guys, many of us smaller repair guys would not be able to repair drones, forcing every crashed done to go back to DJI and pay their crazy prices.
MidcityHobby are very good people, contact them and they will take it back, or send a different Mavic 2.
It may have been a simple mistake. I make many repairs on friends and family members drones, usually for a low price or for a favor or even free in some cases, without MidcityHobby, some of these parts cannot even be purchased from DJI.
Get in touch with them and they will fix your issue...,Rodger.
if they sell refurbished drones then maybe it could be a honest mistake but I sent them the serial numbers so they could contact DJI like i did and run the serial number and they’re gonna tell them just like the did me that it’s a refurbished drone and activated 9-23-2019 and I just received it a couple of days ago and they never checked the serial number cause if they did check the serial number with DJI they would’ve known that it wasn’t new and contacted me and told me it was a mistake on there behalf and if you want I can send you the serial number and run it yourself

I just now made the same purchase just see how well they do, Item # 273638438466, New Mavic Pro 2, Minus the camera, So we will see!!
I believe it was some sorta mistake, Ive bought a lot from them for almost 2 years now, and never a problem..
When mine comes in, I will check the number and take pictures and post them, I have a new camera I can put in it and give it a full test, I have another Mavic 2 Pro, so I can use that RC & Battery, Rodger.

Last edited:
Yes you did I bought mine for $475 and it says brand new not activated but doesn’t look new that why I had dji run the serial number and they said it was refurbished and activated 9-23-2019 and I just got it a couple of days ago they also said if the 5th to the last letter on the serial number is a S or a P not really sure about the P but I know they said S it’s refurbished
$475 is a good price, probably it is why it is cheaper - if they got a stock of refurbished bodies instead of brand new ones.

$475 is a good price, probably it is why it is cheaper - if they got a stock of refurbished bodies instead of brand new ones.
Well the way I see it if they’re selling refurbished drones that’s what they need to advertise that they’re refurbished not new and never activated

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Well the way I see it if they’re selling refurbished drones that’s what they need to advertise that they’re refurbished not new and never activated
I’m not saying that every drone they’re selling is not new but the one they sent me sure wasn’t I contacted DJI on the serial number and they told me it was refurbished and activated and the only reason I contacted them was cause when I opened my package the drone had knicks and scratches and didn’t look new I have another Mavic 2 that I’ve had for a year now and it looks newer than the one I purchased

I’m not saying that every drone they’re selling is not new but the one they sent me sure wasn’t I contacted DJI on the serial number and they told me it was refurbished and activated and the only reason I contacted them was cause when I opened my package the drone had knicks and scratches and didn’t look new I have another Mavic 2 that I’ve had for a year now and it looks newer than the one I purchased
You could check and see if they will sell you a refurbished keyboard with a “period” key that works. Just sayin’...

You could check and see if they will sell you a refurbished keyboard with a “period” key that works. Just sayin’...
I guessing you’re a school teacher if you can’t read without periods just don’t read it
I’m just sayin

Reactions: Rnl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000