DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Calls This A NFZ - Why?

RC5728

Reactions
I wanted to try to capture some ocean shots at this spot, but DJI is calling it an NFZ and won't even let me take off.

Why???

I'm not seeing any major airports or anything else nearby. What am I missing? This beach doesn't even have drone rules or anything posted.

Attachments

• IMG_4826.jpg
    IMG_4826.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 146
Strange, if you move away from the boundary of the reserve area, does it still say NFZ ?
A lot of national parks, conservation parks and reserves in Australia have very big regs (or outright bans) on drone use.
Similar in US Nat Pks possibly this reserve.

Strange, if you move away from the boundary of the reserve area, does it still say NFZ ?
A lot of national parks, conservation parks and reserves in Australia have very big regs (or outright bans) on drone use.
Similar in US Nat Pks possibly this reserve.
I'm already outside the boundary. And it's just a state scenic area, not a federal reserve.

Not to mention here in the USA at least, DJI has never made US parks into NFZs. That wouldn't make any sense.

I'm already outside the boundary. And it's just a state scenic area, not a federal reserve.

Not to mention here in the USA at least, DJI has never made US parks into NFZs. That wouldn't make any sense.

I haven't ever tried to take off in a NFZ, like in around a major airport or approaches.
I might have to try and raise it a couple of feet to see if it is possible . . . not that I would want to fly, but just because it'd be good to know if it could operate in our full blown no fly areas.

Our app here has option to turn on National Park boundaries, but pretty sure you could fly these even is the other NFZs are found to block operation.

Good luck with finding out about the area there.

Hows ur gps signal?
I sometimes get nfz on my rc controller even when im 50km away from the nearest airport. Ussualy happens on cold starts. Once gps is up it clears away. Sometimes takes up to 2-3minutes before the restrictions are lifted. So long and the nfz is indicated on my rc i cannot lift off

Hows ur gps signal?
I sometimes get nfz on my rc controller even when im 50km away from the nearest airport. Ussualy happens on cold starts. Once gps is up it clears away. Sometimes takes up to 2-3minutes before the restrictions are lifted. So long and the nfz is indicated on my rc i cannot lift off
I had good GPS and also waited around for awhile with no luck.

I just looked at that location in the No-Fly Zones section in the DJI GO App and it is marked as an Authorization Zone.

Is there a hospital near there?

I have seen hospitals marked in my area.

Checked a few different apps that I use. Pacific City Airport is right there, and that is what is causing the issue. UAV Forecast shows it as a DJI NFZ due to Pacific City Airport.

Good sleuthing, Skippy!

That's surprising, because Pacific City is a really tiny town and airport. Only 1,000 people.

Is there some way to turn off this NFZ?

The beach I was trying to fly on is nowhere near any air traffic.

The beach I was trying to fly on is nowhere near any air traffic.

That you know of, but it's only a mile and a half off the end of a runway. There's your problem.

Moving farther up the beach would be easy enough. Or according to DJI's GEO map you're in an authorization zone that can be unlocked with a verified DJI account.

Take yer pick.

Reactions: ralliart12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121