DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care or Local UK Insurance?

Aron48

Reactions
Hi :)

I haven't bought my first drone yet but I'm checking my options. I want to buy Mini 2. Things that I am (at this point) most affraid of are crashes :) My question is - which is easier and better to have in case of crashes?

The cheapest insurance for recreational flights I found for 57 GBP per year for Fly More Combo. For just Mini 2 was 49 GBP (not sure why the difference). Care refresh is 69 for 2 years. This one would be 98 for 2 years. But there is also added Public Liability, EU coverage and theft. Excess is higher because it is 100 GBP while DJI has 45 for first crash :)

OK - question - which one would be better in case somethig happens? DJI or some local one? Where it can be easier to make a claim? Any advise? Any companies that I maybe should check also because are better/cheaper? Thanks.

try FPVUK for public liability, £5000000 cover plus they will auto renew your CAA OP ID when it's up for renewal.
£20 pa and £9 for the CAA when due

Last edited:
I went with DJI Care Refresh to cover accidents which damage the drone and a yearly membership to FPVUK to cover public liability (it provides £5 million cover).

For me the combination of the 2 is the simplest way to be covered and I think you’ll struggle to find something more cost effective without other challenges such as high excess charges.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore