DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care or not?

grepin

Reactions
Hi everyone.

New Mavic owner in Adelaide.
I have a Mavic waiting for me when I get home as I am away with work for now.
I cant decide if I should get the DJI care refresh.
Seems like peace of mind but costly.
I have owned a Phantom 2 previously which I have done a bit to so a little handy repairing stuff.
Along with the Care requirements I guess you need to find it.
Does anyone recommend a Tracker that works in Australia.
Search reveals trackr, loc8tor and Marco Polo seems the best.

Anyway sorry for questions on first post.
But keen to get it right from the get go.

Greg

Hi everyone.

New Mavic owner in Adelaide.
I have a Mavic waiting for me when I get home as I am away with work for now.
I cant decide if I should get the DJI care refresh.
Seems like peace of mind but costly.
I have owned a Phantom 2 previously which I have done a bit to so a little handy repairing stuff.
Along with the Care requirements I guess you need to find it.
Does anyone recommend a Tracker that works in Australia.
Search reveals trackr, loc8tor and Marco Polo seems the best.

Anyway sorry for questions on first post.
But keen to get it right from the get go.

Greg
hi mate ! I have my Mavic insured with the NRMA as part of my contents insurance, coming under portable contents, They said they will replace the cost of the item if lost or damaged as long as I can prove it was not my faULT!
As far GPS trackers go ! I have a Trackr but just purchased a GPS Tracker for Mavic Pro

Thanks guys for the reply.
Good idea to check with the insurance company.
I googled GPS Tracker for Mavic Pro.
Aussie Mac was there a particular GPS device you went for?

hi mate ! I have my Mavic insured with the NRMA as part of my contents insurance, coming under portable contents, They said they will replace the cost of the item if lost or damaged as long as I can prove it was not my faULT!
As far GPS trackers go ! I have a Trackr but just purchased a GPS Tracker for Mavic Pro
that is a great idea, maybe after I've exhausted my DJI care (already used it once cos I turned off obstacle avoidance and forgot to turn it back on the next time i flew, oops, lesson learned, crashed backwards into gum tree) I can put it on my contents insurance. Hopefully the only future crashes will be due to birds, which I hope won't be deemed my fault. But DJI Care so far has been absolutely worth it.

Last edited:
if you think YOU will never crash it, than forget about Care Refresh. But even if it is due a bird taking it out, and wouldn't be your fault, it still is not covered by warranty and won't be replaced. So for me, Care Refresh gave me peace of mind when flying and if I caused it to crash, which happened twice, it was replaced for a nominal fee and I didn't have to throw away $1k or have to spend $2k to continue to flying. Just some thoughts.

i just bought care refresh for my new mavic, i too have never crashed my phantom 3 standard or advanced, but i didnt want to take the chance with the mavic as it cost me alot more and gave me the peice of mind that if i crashed it into a tree or down it, i can just send it back for a fixed fee and they will give me a new one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys