DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh experience

bobstaff

Reactions
Well it finally happened......I backed my Mavic Pro into a tree about 75' high. Rookie mistake, but there it was......I had to pay a tree guy to retrieve it. All he could do was knock it loose and it fell to the ground....HARD. One broken arm, 3 loose motors, broken camera gimbal, etc.
Well I paid for the Care Refresh mainly because I fly over water a LOT! So I contacted DJI, activated the process and within 2 days I had it boxed up and on the way to Texas (from Canada) for repair. In less than a week a replacement was on the way back....or I had the option of repairing the old one and save the replacement option for another day.
I have to say I was impressed with their communication and updates. And the customs clearance was pretty fast too. I would have preferred to send it to their repair place in Toronto though.
Over all it was money well spent.....for me anyway.

You mentioned water. Note that you can't use refresh if you can't retrieve and send in the AC. Exception is if situation and logs show a warranty claim.

If repairs are more than refresh replacement and you want to opt for repair anyway, make it clear you want the repair. The default is refresh. I wanted a repair, and bottom line in the quote in the email looked like it was the repair total. After I paid the quote, I realized the listed total did not match the total of parts and labor and was really the refresh cost.

Reactions: JAW
I have had a similar experience with my MA. Good communication, timely, and "replacement". I was (am) happy, with replacement and back in the air, within 10 days.

I have had a similar experience with my MA. Good communication, timely, and "replacement". I was (am) happy, with replacement and back in the air, within 10 days.
I have already reported a similar experience in the few days forum. In a nutshell, crash, found, reported to DJI Refresh (which had only 3 weeks until end of 1st year warranty), sent to Texas with their shipping label, got a new drone back within 7 days. Very happy with entire process. Only complaint is the support group needs to have better English speakers. I am presently struggling with vision calibration (keeps losing USB contact to iMAC). Also had questions regarding reconnecting my Mavic Air to my bird and controller, despite two DJI support calls with such poor English I got no help. Finally, they sent me a You Tube link which helped. I had to uninstalled DJI Go4 and reinstall and re-register with new Serial Number, e-mail, password, etc. Crashing is not a great thing.

I have already reported a similar experience in the few days forum. In a nutshell, crash, found, reported to DJI Refresh (which had only 3 weeks until end of 1st year warranty), sent to Texas with their shipping label, got a new drone back within 7 days. Very happy with entire process. Only complaint is the support group needs to have better English speakers. I am presently struggling with vision calibration (keeps losing USB contact to iMAC). Also had questions regarding reconnecting my Mavic Air to my bird and controller, despite two DJI support calls with such poor English I got no help. Finally, they sent me a You Tube link which helped. I had to uninstalled DJI Go4 and reinstall and re-register with new Serial Number, e-mail, password, etc. Crashing is not a great thing.

Does one have to re-register the replacement drone with the FAA?

No see previous discussions where the same Regis no covers it

Reactions: Iffykid
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123