DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh for a recently repaired MA1

bburnett15

Reactions
A few days ago, i received word from DJIthat my MA1 reoair is compkete and its on its way back. I also got notification from UPS that it will arrive saturday, 12/5.
The same day, i received an offer from DJI to purchase DJI Care refresh for the recently repaired drone, but i had to act within 72 hours. Ive spent every free moment over the last 48 hours trying to purchase this.
Most of the time after i enter the SN it tells me the drone has been activated for more than 48 hours so its ineligible for DJI refresh care. One time i got to a point where it requested a video- ???

why do they offer something that they have no intention of delivering? I gave them the serial numbers when i sent it in for service and they had the drone in their hands.

HAS ANYONE BEEN IN THIS SITUATION and been able to successfully purchase the refresh care?

online help is useless and i cant find the phone number i used before.
H e l p

Was the repair done via care refresh? If so was it your first usage of care refresh with that drone? If so then, as far as I know, there is one other care refresh usage left before the policy expires. At least I am certain that was the case when I bought care refresh for my MM.

Care refresh is only automatic if within 48? hours of activation, out side that window the video is required. Search on youtube, there is at least one good video showing what is required. Of course there are probably plenty of other chaff ones.

The summary is, if this was your first usage of care refresh and it has a decent period still to run then you do not need to buy another .....yet. When the original is due to end you can, I believe, buy an extension but I think the latter has only one replacement.

Was the repair done via care refresh? If so was it your first usage of care refresh with that drone? If so then, as far as I know, there is one other care refresh usage left before the policy expires. At least I am certain that was the case when I bought care refresh for my MM.

Care refresh is only automatic if within 48? hours of activation, out side that window the video is required. Search on youtube, there is at least one good video showing what is required. Of course there are probably plenty of other chaff ones.

The summary is, if this was your first usage of care refresh and it has a decent period still to run then you do not need to buy another .....yet. When the original is due to end you can, I believe, buy an extension but I think the latter has only one replacement.
Thanks- ill check youtube. I did not have DJI care refresh on this drone previously, so i thought i had missed the boat until i got the message with the offer if i replied within 72 hrs.

Thanks for the Video Cyborg! This sounds like im getting close!
The following is the email from DJI:
Dear customer,

Your repaired product has been shipped out. Within 72 hours from receiving this email, you can join DJI Care Refresh with your newly repaired drone. “

my question:
I have to respond within 72 hrs of receiving this email, but my drone isnt scheduled to be returned until 96 hrs after i received the email. Was this a typo and is supposed to be “within 72 hrs of receiving the repaired drone”?

i have found a number to call, but i have to wait a few hours to call (they are on PST) and unfortunately, i will be busy at work then...
Thanks again for the help!

Why not get drone insurance ?
You can get insurance that covers loss, theft & damage so you don’t have to recover your drone to get a pay out like you do with DJI refresh

Hello BB, as Cyborg, I got a "Personal Articles Policy" through State Farm for my MA2 and it was 75.00 for the year.

Reactions: bburnett15
Was this a typo and is supposed to be “within 72 hrs of receiving the repaired drone”?
I don't know if it was a typo but as the 'care refresh via a video' thing is available to 'anyone' I do not believe the time constraint applicable.

Reactions: bburnett15
Thanks for all your help! Turns out they sent me a new MA1 and i was able to purchase the DJI Care Refresh when i was done getting it all set up. Thanks again and in the mean time i will look into drone insurance for next year.

Another benefit to Refresh Plus besides the one Refresh is extended warranty. I recommend getting Plus within 6 months of purchase of drone, as some components only have 6mo warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54